Frustration

Smerffy

Figured I should actually just type this out, instead of just telling people I would.

So last week I said I was bored of the game. That wasn't entirely true. Mostly I am frustrated. This frustration is caused by two things.

1. My damage has dropped so badly that I am surprised I am even allowed to raid anymore. (I actually know why I am allowed to raid: we are casual)

Something changed between ToS and Antorius and i haven't figured out what is going on. Through forums, sims and tests I have been trying to figure it out, but I no matter what i do, nothing helps. So its frustrating that I am bottom of the list, AGAIN.

2. This one is a little harder to post, mostly because its not something I can change. As far as I've been told, we are a Casual Raiding guild, however, whenever we are in raid, there seems to be this air of hardcore attitudes. I play this game to have fun with people I enjoy playing with, but lately it just seems to be anger vs. anger. We have always (as long as I've been in the guild) been really good at having a few people calling things out. This works well since our RL is a tank (nothing wrong with that) and can't see everything with a giant boss's nuts in his face. Lately however, it seems as if that isn't something that is wanted by the RL, so we just get people talking over each other. Another thing is changing positions week to week, which just causes confusion mostly as well as frustration. I can understand if the groups have to be changed due to dmg/heal needs, but if this isn't an issue, there is no real need to change groups every week. I'll make the macro for whomever needs it so we can keep things the same, would be easy, then no more confusion.

3. If the above is a push to leave the casual scene, then just make the announcement and lets change. If that change isn't happening, then the above needs to be worked on. I'll work on my issue as well, as I have been when I have free time.

I'm not angry with anyone (not really) it just seems as if things are starting to unwind, which isn't good. I don't want to take a break, I enjoy the damn game to much. Also, I am not trying to start drama or shit with anyone, just trying to open dialogue with people and i am bad at doing that through speech. (even though my spelling sucks. thank fuck for spell check)

1- I honestly don't even have damage meters open anymore. Bosses are dieing at a reasonable pace = I'm happy. You could try working with the other mages who are beating you, for starters, if your low damage is bothering you that much. Normal shit talk between friends/guildmates happens, so far I haven't noticed anything malicious. Yes, I myself am guilty of being harsh sometimes, but I back off poking fun at people if they are getting noticeably upset.

2- There is 180 degrees of difference between having a hardcore mentality to raiding, and getting frustrated to wiping to bosses you've already killed before. I think you are conflating the latter with the former. Sometimes the messing around gets out of hand and the officers/RL has to stop it during attempts if it's interfering with killing the boss. From what I've witnessed, I really think your are reading everything wrong. Nobody is telling people to focus during trash packs / trash bosses. It's always been clamped down on after a wipe to a farm boss or on a boss that is still difficult.

3- No one is pushing to being anything more then casual. Again, I really think YOU are the one reading more into what's happening then what happening. You may be projecting your own insecurities with your #1 reason onto the rest of the team. I haven't heard ANYONE comment about sitting low dps yet this teir. Maybe if we decide as a guild to try a few mythics, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Edited by Varibash

I can't really help you with point 1 since I don't play mage, but hopefully I can adress the other points.

2. Like Bash said, I have no issue with people having fun and talking during farm bosses. Rather, I encourage everyone to have fun and actually defended the point against people who thought people shouldn't talk during attempts no matter what. As for people talking over each others (I'm assuming you're talking about me and Jesseh just calling the same things), I'll admit it also irritates me, and I addressed the issue before raid tonight.

As for changing positions every week, I get it can be slightly annoying for dps, but you have to consider this : We have people who can't show up every week, and never have the same amount of people in raid (or even the same people). I do my best to balance dps for bosses according to who is present for that kill. Unfortunately it means we don't have set positions like a 20 man mythic group would have.

3. This is not at all a push to be more hardcore. The intention to remain a casual guild and be welcoming to anyone who wants to is something that was decided when I accepted RL position, and it remains a top priority to me. Even if we do end up killing a few mythic bosses, we'll do it with the mindset that they're just bonus kills, not something we absolutely need to get.

Hope that clears things up a bit.