1. 1. What should we do?

• Keep the servers as-is
    • Reduce the number of servers, increase tick rates
    • Switch to official
    • We're done

HappyUnholy    320
17 minutes ago, sniper12371 said:

Yes! Bring canals back for a weekend!

Changes are coming. With donations and interest down we already trimmed down to 4 servers instead of 6. One of those 4 we're going to be trying some things on, including Canals.

• Like 2

SnipeR    1
2 minutes ago, HappyUnholy said:

Changes are coming. With donations and interest down we already trimmed down to 4 servers instead of 6. One of those 4 we're going to be trying some things on, including Canals.

Yay! That was my fave for the whole duration it was up

Redneck    15

Sorry I've been afk. Work and real life is getting g in my way..lol... I feel bad for joining and then going awol. Fishing and golfing season is here and yes, I have become less interested in bf4 but am willing to help when I can. 

kenwood720    6

Well, the last week spoke for itself.  I tried to join and not a single person was on BF1 or BF4.   I wanted to play, but I'm not going to sit here twiddling my thumbs.  Done that before, not again.  

camley    2

The last week there has only been about six or seven people playing battlefield 4. If the game has lost its influence with this community then that's fine, you know shit happens. I think another poll should be made and everyone be frank about their votes, because hopping on during "Battlefield Night" and there only being six people on kinda takes the fun out of the game. If people are burnt out on battlefield it's understandable, shit I've been burnt out on it before, but putting off the decision would be like ignoring a festering wound. This probably my longest post on these forums but this is my opinion of the BF 4 matter.    

• Like 1

Voo    0

I've quit going to the ATR BF4 server. There are too many hackers in it. It's evident that it is a place to go because there are no active admins (and with respect, "Report!" is not a sufficient tool). I posted here in hopes of getting Admins and to provide an idea instead of just a, "complaint."  But, if ATR can't get Admins and if your guys interest and donations are too low to justify servers; nuke them and stop the bleeding. I've deleted the server which has been a favorite for a long time.

Edited by Voo
typo

KraW    2

Reduce to one server maybe rather than a few? Why have more if we only really populate one on the occasion that we play? We haven't hopped to other servers in like two months.

skulls    65

@Vooeven though we might not be in the server, admins are available 24/7. The report feature send emails to the admins and I always jump on any time that a report comes through. You can always find an admin in our Teamspeak or forums. I am also working on getting BF4DB.com going again so this will help also. Thanks for your input and we are sad to see you go.

HappyUnholy    320

We're having a discussion about the future of BF4 and ATR. Servers are not set to renew until mid-May. So in a couple weeks, the BF admins will be making a final decision about if we're keeping servers or how many. More than likely a reduction if anything to save us the cost.

Mastric    311
1 hour ago, skulls said:

@Vooeven though we might not be in the server, admins are available 24/7. The report feature send emails to the admins and I always jump on any time that a report comes through. You can always find an admin in our Teamspeak or forums. I am also working on getting BF4DB.com going again so this will help also. Thanks for your input and we are sad to see you go.

You can see in the logs he's never used the !report tool, and he's just constant hackuzations. There were even admins in the server while he was playing.

• Like 2

Flashplate    39

From my small experience since making a comeback roughly a week ago. Specialized servers seem to be the way to go. I've been on anywhere between 11am-8pm EST and the servers that are popped just from using the browser are 24/7 Lockers, 24/7 Metro and 24/7 BF3 & BF2 Maps Only servers. Changing our servers to something specialized might make it easier to pop. A 24/7 Canals server is a good start to the experiment.

HappyUnholy    320

As it stands due to lack of interest by members and admins we may discontinue BF4 and focus on our other games once these servers come up for renewal in mid-May. Dropping to a single server is also an option, but if we're only popping it twice a week seems like a drain on the community.  We'll see how the next week plays out, and we'll have some more discussions and a decision Monday 5/8 in the evening. Regardless though, ATR Gamers isn't going anywhere. Plenty of members still have an interest in BF1, Playerunknown, MC, ARK, WOW, GTA and other games. So the community lives on lol

• Like 1

CaptShank    24

I'd hate for the BF4 to go completely to 0 servers. That's my take but it may be me being a baby about change. It does take the fun outta the game popping the servers when they're empty and stay empty, so I can see how it's lead to this. One or two full servers would be nice but with that said, it's just as easy to get a couple that are playing and go pub join.

Voo    0
On 4/27/2017 at 4:43 PM, Mastric said:

You can see in the logs he's never used the !report tool, and he's just constant hackuzations. There were even admins in the server while he was playing.

I came to this forum in good faith to ask for help. Not to bag on ATR or do any personal attacks. With BF4 fading, the remaining servers are important. I still love BF4. I shouldn't have to be on the defensive for coming here and asking for active Admins. I made a proposal for other action that I thought could help. Not to slam  ATR. What happens when a "hackusation" is correct? It isn't a hackusation anymore is it? Also, I don't think there is any server message letting people know the !report tool sends an email to an Admin that will respond-so the impression is that there are no active Admins. The person I had issue with was a guy I was flying with in his helicopter. I flew with him for a long period of time. He slammed into buildings. He slammed into the ground, etc.---no damage of any kind. People hit him with multiple rockets-no damage. This was the second game in a row this occurred in. Also, he could not miss. I was in comms with him  and he just laughed  and told me to "f" off when I asked him what was going on. When a person ends up 70-1 with the next highest points be 25-4 something is off: whether it be hacking or a mismatch between certain players and everyone else, why not level the ground so everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the game? My proposal had ATR furtherance in mind. That is not un-reasonable. You don't have to agree with me but you don't have to bag on me either. I have known ATR for years and played in ATR servers for years. Like everyone, I play in multiple servers. There is no crime in that. There's no disloyalty in that.  I tend to steer away from servers without active admins as they attract  hackers. They just do. Most players cannot effect any change in these servers. It comes down to the clan and its Admins. I respect that. The only thing left once things go sideways with no action is to go elsewhere-with respect. You have seen a profound decline in server attendance and donations. My suggestion is that this is due to the game being over the hill and because of what happens in the server. One you can control. The other you can't. I think if you make the game play the best you can, you simply stand a better chance of making things better. If you think that what I am saying here is unreasonable, so be it. I took the time to come here and try to appeal to you. I think trying to portray me as a villain here is...unfortunate. Maybe that's part of the problem also. The reality is that most likely if ATR were really active in its server(s), things would be a lot better on many levels. In essence, that is a key part of what I was asking for.

The_Real_1hit    105

@Voo We get what you are saying, I don't think anyone set out to "vilify" you.  The problem is that we, and BF4, have had a really huge decline in players when the last DLC for BF1 came out.  Half of the members who played BF4 and who bought BF1 wanted to focus more on BF1.  A few of us continued to play in BF4, including admins, trying to "pop" our servers but we could barely get one server half way popped then it would just empty.  We had 6 or 7 servers which were mostly empty for the majority of the time, and is why we are down to 4 currently and will more than likely get reduced to 1 or discontinued altogether.  Our "!report" feature does scroll through the chat window, but people seldom use it anymore.  If there are servers who have admins on 24/7 then good on them, it's just not feasible for us to do at this point which is why we have the "!report" feature. 

Also you must realize is that we, the ATR Gamers group, play more than just BF4.  For a lot of us, those who mainly played BF, BF4 is just getting old and has burned out members.  We were hoping that BF1 was going to be the beginning of a new era for us.  That missed the mark but who knows what the future holds.  ATR Gamers will not be going away anytime soon, our focus will just shift and who can say what game we will be playing the most in years to come.

And to say:

The reality is that most likely if ATR were really active in its server(s), things would be a lot better on many levels.

We have put many hours of our lives into our servers, I've missed time with my wife and family for our servers, so have many other members.  So to say this is disrespectful.  You do not know how much we have put into our servers day in and day out.  Things have just unfortunately come to a point where the BF4 community is dying off and we have been on life support for too long.  It may just be time for us to move on. 

Voo    0

I appreciate much of what you say. Thank you. Years of gaming: the commitment of time and time away from family, etc., is not exclusive to ATR. We've all done this. We're all still doing it. This is not my first rodeo either.  One thing you might find interesting is that last night there were 150, 000 playing BF1 while there were 50,000 playing BF4. For BF1, this is down from nearly 500,000 at launch. Conversely, BF4 has been on an uptick since the max exodus to BF1. I think we were all looking forward to a new BF iteration. For some of us BF1 didn't quite hit the mark.

Personally, I think a modernized approach to 2142 would be the game many have been hoping for. I guess we just have to play on, do what we should do for family, etc., and see where this leads next. I do believe however, that your clan mate was trying to "kill the messenger"-me.  And as for you saying I was disrespectful to ATR I respectfully disagree. That was not my intent. It was not what was conveyed and obviously I cannot control how you decide to take something. The simple fact I have been trying to convey is that if ATR populates the server-others will follow. It had a good reputation and I think with work it could make a comeback. That's in the main whatl I'm saying. I came here because of my positive opinion of ATR. In the end, I think we all have the same thing in mind-great, gaming, great recreation/fun, great friends; hopefully with no negative effects upon the other parts of our lives.  Clans hang on. Clans fade. Clans sometimes re surge due to new games and new blood. I hate seeing good servers fold and it's always a loss if/when good clans do el-foldo's. As far as I'm concerned, I wish your servers and your clan the best. It looks like your BF4 server days may be at an end. No matter what, I thank you for your service because at the end of the day, that what you have been providing.

The_Real_1hit    105

I know it's not exclusive to ATR, so please don't go there.  My point is that we are at a crossroads because of a decline in players in our servers as well as members that are currently active in being interested in playing BF4. 

3 hours ago, Voo said:

One thing you might find interesting is that last night there were 150, 000 playing BF1 while there were 50,000 playing BF4. For BF1, this is down from nearly 500,000 at launch. Conversely, BF4 has been on an uptick since the max exodus to BF1. I think we were all looking forward to a new BF iteration. For some of us BF1 didn't quite hit the mark.

I don't really care about console numbers as that does not do anything for us who own servers for PC players.  20K peak for BF4 on PC.  33k peak for BF1 PC.  The decline is there, obviously more for PC's than consoles.  I do hope that the BF1 dev's get it to where BF4 was for the communities like ours to be able to have more control and have servers like we used to.  It seems that with the latest release we may be getting there eventually, if there are still members who are interested in promoting servers in BF1, a resurgence may be in our future, only time will tell. 

Mr. Lou    2

Just kill the servers, admins don't want to be on for it more than what's mandatory on BF nights and seemingly don't want to do their jobs unless it effects their personal game play at the time. What few regulars are left aren't going to stick around to try and pop a server for 3 hours with seeders when everyone else is in other games and even 2 nights a week isn't worth doing.  Just keep playing what ever other games you're in, if people are up to trying to party up for bf4 or 1 then they can do it themselves in TS on random servers like they have been.  

If you aren't familiar with it, look up Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, coming out at the end of the month, that's what I'll be heading too and it's still only about $22 on Steam

CaptShank    24
6 minutes ago, Mr. Lou said:

If you aren't familiar with it, look up Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, coming out at the end of the month, that's what I'll be heading too and it's still only about $22 on Steam

Will look up the game. Have you had the chance to play the beta?

Mr. Lou    2

I haven't played the beta, but I still play the older game, and for only $22 who cares. 

Steam had it listed for May 30th, but now it says Q3, but sometime soon