What should we do?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do?

• Keep the servers as-is
    • Reduce the number of servers, increase tick rates
    • Switch to official
    • We're done

skulls    65

If you haven't noticed, our BF4 servers have been empty for the past few weeks. I know most of us are more interested in other games and have grown tired of BF4. There are some that still enjoy BF4 and have tried to get others to help out. It was great when we had a resurgence of enthusiasm and got more people to play regularly, help seed/pop, and recruit new members. I would like to see that continue. We would like to hear your thoughts.

I have included a poll, so if you see this please vote! Feel free to let us know if you have any other ideas. Here are my suggestions:

We keep/change up our servers. Get more people to help pop regularly before playing other games. Get our Battlefield Nights back on track. Bring back member only events and meetings so we can have better communication and involvement with our members. I will be willing to head this, giggity, if no one else wants to continue. I get it, the online players aren't that of BF1, but there are still a few of the bigger clans that have all their servers full every night. Let's pull together and make BF4 great again! (oh gawd why did I say that?)

I'm tagging all the Battlefield peeps, tag more if I missed anyone:

@ADrunkRedneckk@asmith19323@blacklaw@CaliberKing@camley@CaptShank@Chuck_Mawhinn3y@DropShotz007@DynStatic@egandler@HappyUnholy@hondo55@JackalOsiris@Jakeatwar1@Janzstone@Kaym@kenwood720@LiveWireAddict@Mr. Lou@OONicc@phxman@Redneck@RoomBroom@scarybloodlust@The_Real_1hit@TheAvgFielder@TheRealKrobar@Xerodegreez

• Like 4

The_Real_1hit    105

Seems like the servers that are full are 24/7 servers.  I don't think any are at 60hz, most are 30/40hz.  Quite a few officials are full, but half of those aren't more than 24 players.  So maybe reduce the number of servers and increase tickrate to be different.  Maybe make a 24/7 server either Metro or Lockers.  Not sure what else can be done at this point. 

Edited by The_Real_1hit
error
  • Like 2

Janzstone    24

I'm burned out on BF4. I try to join when people are playing but really only when I'm not sure what I want to play. As much as BF1 is frustrating I'd rather play that then more BF4.  

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

Mr. Lou    2

Everyone is just in BF1 right now because of the dlc, happened with Hardline way back when.  A couple of us do try and play 4, but with the LAN and the seeders offline during that time, it's kind of sucked trying to fill a server by yourself, especially when everyone is either in BF1 or ARK.

I'd say try cutting a few bf4 and make them BF1 if that's where everyone is going to be for now, everyone seems to be playing on random servers and notthe the single ATR one we have (may be because it is just one vanilla conquest type stuff, not new game modes), may just die until another dlc like with Hardline, I know I'm getting bored with bf1.

Edited by Mr. Lou
Poorly edumacated
  • Like 1

KraW    2

I'm quite the opposite.

i want to play BF4, and the main reason I haven't been around is because I don't have BF1. Yet, I guess.

• Like 1

I seem to just get frustrated with BF4 when I play lately. BF1, while it has it's challenges at times, I don't come away from at the end of the night wishing I'd played something else. Having said that, I agree that a lot of it has to do with the LAN and the BF1 DLC coming out and you may get some rebounds after the newness of the DLC wears off. I don't think I've ever played on any tick higher than what we use, so I'm a little interested to check that option out.

phxman    26

Although the new BF1 has gotten me interested again in that game I still like playing BF4.  The Tuesday/Thursday BF4 nights were a blast playing with everyone the few times I've been able to attend and I think if that kind of thing were to resume we could get servers popped, get to know and attract new members.  That being said I voted for reducing BF4 servers and increasing ticket counts as changing things up a little never hurts when trying to draw a crowd.  Also, maybe have a CQB map with no explosives? 

As far as BF1 goes we do have a server but there never seems to be anyone playing.  Maybe have separate BF4 and BF1 "party" nights?

• Like 2

phxman    26
22 hours ago, Mr. Lou said:

Metro no explosives except poison tips and flash bang launchers! 

Or the Canals map?  Don't see that one anymore and I thought it was a favorite.

• Like 1

CaptShank    24

I'm down for a change. I don't think we need the amount that we have right now. BF4's community is shrinking, just what's happening. We can shrink with it.

CaptShank    24
12 minutes ago, Chuck_Mawhinn3y said:

even tho i dont play much anymore i feel that we are not totally done ,reduce the number.

does this mean i have to play wow now brown cow?

Ha no. There's still many FPS's to be played!

I think there are too many servers. There doesn't really seem to be a point for me to "pop" 6 servers and at the end of the night haven't played on one full server, what's the most fun imo. You don't get money for having servers so why not just reduce them and actually have more fun playing on full servers rather than switching servers all night and in the end they're all empty again. Definetly keep the 64 conquest tho! :D

And with the tickrate.... you got to be careful. Almost no one will join a 120hz conquest server as high hertz worsens the gameplay of vehicles in bf4. And I reckon not too many ppl have 120hz monitors?!

fyi last time atr 32p was full everyone crashed all of a sudden and tickrate has nothing to do with your monitor's refresh rate

Edited by Kerminator_23
1 better than 2

Mastric    311
22 minutes ago, I-Desperado-I said:

It does have. But not going to explain that now just use google. No one with a 60hz server will be able to play on 120hz.

Once is the frequent of netcode updates, the other is a frequency of screen requests, which you would hope lines up with your GPU's FPS, opensync, gsync etc.

There exists no netcode to fps to monitor sync tools currently.

kenwood720    6

I too really enjoyed the Tuesday/Thursday BF4 nights.  I still really enjoy BF4 especially when we all work as a team.  Some nights we crush, other nights we don't and I feel it's because we didn't work together.  

I liked BF1 when it first came out and everyone had the same guns and levels, but having played it recently with the updates, I'm just getting blown to bits with my newbie weapons.    Time will tell.

Even if it's not Tuesday/Thursday, I would like to see us pick 1 night a week and 1 server and stick with it.   Maybe start a new thread with voting for most popular game modes/sizes/maps?

Voo    0

ATR-BF4 is always pretty busy when I login.

What I would like to report to you with respect is the ATR server has become home base to a small number of serial hackers. Reason: no Admins present...seemingly ever.

- It is hard to justify a server if it is dead and no one in the clan plays on it. I think that is only part true in this case.

- It has always been almost impossible to get donations unless they come from Members; even that can become an issue as things get long in the tooth.

- A few players occasionally contribute if the server provides a great experience.

This is where I would like to submit a suggestion:

a.) Get Admin coverage in the server(s). There's no rule of law now. That degrades the experience.

b.) Forget "Hacking" as a reason to kicked or banned. Too hard to prove and some things that many consider to be hacks are "workarounds" that punkbuster, etc., can't catch.

***Instead*** Along with halting hackusations, some base language and trolling; institute something like a "FAIR PLAY STANDARD" which means, if your kills are consistently on the order of double the average of top players (with deaths being nil), you are warned then kicked to promote fair, balanced play. The idea is fun, level playing field play. Word gets around. People have more fun. Come back. The total environment leads to more activity in the server with more possibility of donations, etc., 

As you know, no one agrees with everything. They don't have to. It's your server. Your rules. People respect rules and fair play if they are consistent. Success of the program is the final arbiter. If you look at the numbers, you'll see that BF1 came in with high numbers those numbers have dropped by 1/2.

The migration away from BF4 has turned around and the servers are regaining numbers. Of course the game is mature and will never be what it once was but it's still a great game and with proper attention it stands as a great vehicle for you.  When I consider servers, things like hacker presence figure prominently. As an enthusiast, I appreciate ATR's presence and hope you can keep the thing going. A couple of tweaks would really be helpful.

I appreciate your consideration of this and am sure if instituted would result in better game play and chance of money coming in to support the servers.

Thanks guys,

Voo

Mastric    311

Our BF admins are available almost 24/7 via the !report tool. That said we can see in the logs many times over where someone complaints about a hacker and doesn't call an admin.

We also already track stats, damage, etc and ban players based on this information.

See you on the Battlefield.

kenwood720    6
2 hours ago, Voo said:

ATR-BF4 is always pretty busy when I login.

Voo

@Voo, Welcome to ATR.     I'm not that familiar with your username.  Do you go by any other names in game?   

Voo    0

1Voo1-I have been and am in ATR quite a bit over time. I'm sure you can see that username in your logs.

Also, the Report Tool sounds good on the drawing board and along with rules enforcement and PB it is helpful but nothing is as potent as having an Admin

in the server. I'm not sure it makes any difference as to if I'm in the server always or just a few times; I'm just submitting a suggestion for consideration (much more productive than complaining) and would like to see your server carry on. I hope my suggestion can be received in the same spirit in which it is offered. Thanks guys-Voo.

PS- One other thing: I was riding in a heli with an individual who was slamming into the ground, banging into buildings and taking hits with no substantial damage or death. He was also seen in the game before in a BTR taking multiple direct hits with anti armor such as RPG, LAW and Warthog bombs and never died. He ended up something like 70-0.

Edited by Voo
Added material

SnipeR    1
On 4/7/2017 at 2:16 PM, phxman said:

Or the Canals map?  Don't see that one anymore and I thought it was a favorite.

Yes! Bring canals back for a weekend!