Tank situation

Smerffy

I figure I'd just expose the elephant in the room: Off Tank.

I feel this situation was handled poorly. Not putting blame on anyone, just think it could have been handled better. 

I offered to switch to my Pally and power level to make sure we can keep raiding without any major hindrance. I talked to the Officers about it and thought that was done. 

However, Ward was leveling and/or gearing his Monk at the same time. I did not know he was going to do that and I don't know who knew he was going to do that. Not blaming him for it, he probably had the same idea I had: whatever we need to move the team forward. There is nothing wrong with that.

Now, where I have an issue. This should have been figured out. Either with Ward and I having a chat, or the officers stepping in or something. Again, not blaming anyone, just confused.

Personally I will do what is needed for the group. Weather that be tanking, healing, or dpsing. What would I prefer? healing of course, but we have amazing healers and i wouldn't ask any of them to step down. I believe I am not doing that well on the shaman and as elemental I am not having much fun, which is why I offered to go tank.

So moving forward, we need to figure out who is going to be the other tank with Papa.  From my personal preference, I believe Ward should stay on his hunter, only because he has Higher damage than i do on my shaman. However, if he wants to tank, then he should do that. But don't switch after a month, cause that doesn't help anyone. I only say this because @Wardpelican you have changed your class 3 times with going to the monk. I am all for playing what you want, but changing to often hurts the group. I am not one to talk, I have changed as well, but I plan on staying with whatever we need to move forward.

All opinions are welcome and a discussion is helpful.

Smerffy

Edited by Smerffy

While I have been having fun on my monk, I don't want to be a main tank. I was leveling it regardless to tank mythic +'s and alt raids, I am the giant red button you don't want to push of a tank, the most backup of backup.

There is no set second tank right now. The goal was and is to evaluate between the two of you, it seems now that neither of you actually want to tank. which raises another issue all together. You both showed interest around the same time, and the thought was surely one of you would work out and be able to tank.

There has been a lot of confusion the past few weeks and for good reason, things have been heavily shook up, consistent people have gone inconsistent, long time players have left and several people have switched toons or specs, or have heavily implied interest in one of those things. Having 3 tanks right now is not a bad thing, it certainly came in handy last night.

After Ward rolled MS on a relic for his monk I took that as final solid interest ion switching, apparently that is the wrong sentiment. 

At this point neither of you are 100% ready to tank, which is not only understandable it is expected. you are close though, bit more time and a bit more experience and it can work out. I believe either one of you are capable of doing it, however you will need to commit, and have no more swapping between toons. So at this point I will leave it to you three@Wardpelican  @Smerffy  @Papabehr. Choose among yourself who you want to me the new OT along side Papa. Let me know what you decide.

Ultimately play what you want, if neither of you want to tank and are just "doing it for the good of the team" then we can find an additional option, as much as I would like to not have to do.

I have also offered my help to ease the transition while you guys could figure out and gear whoever was picked to be next tank, but was politely told to fuck off. I do however understand that you want to keep whoever is left together and that some people might slightly dislike me.

IMHO you should pick someone has the desire to tank raids, but also someone who has the best attendance, as missing a tank can screw up a whole raid night. Current ilvl could be disregarded as gear funnels can get people ready for raids in no time.

P-S: Regardless of who tanks, they should reroll DH. We're just so awesome when in demon form.