Mastric

server-04.atr.land (Currently Ark)

Mastric    295

For the testing purposes of Ark we selected a $0.17/hr server. We have about 48 hours to decide if we want to convert server-04 to a $40/mo server.

Worth noting that the server does have room for other small impact servers, hl, cs, l4d2, but not another Ark or MC server.

This physical server will require donations to keep Ark, and any little servers we put on it alive.

Tag Ark Players - Hope I didn't forget anyone.

@Kushems@SugahFree @OONicc @Nerita @asmith19323 @Smerffy @Pìkachu @EvilSockMonkey @blacklaw @skulls @CaptShank @Imcute

Smerffy    14

with the amount of people playing, $40 a month shouldn't be to hard to come up with. My question, is if I just donate say $20 a month or $10 a month when having a bad month, how much of that donation goes to the servers I play on? I.E. ARK, Minecraft, and TS. I have 0 problem with helping BF servers with my donation, but if I am donating monies and the things I play get shut down, I might have an issue. Know what I mean?

I am actually kinda enjoying ARK this time around, maybe its because not everything was handed to me when I started.

Mastric    295
Just now, Smerffy said:

with the amount of people playing, $40 a month shouldn't be to hard to come up with. My question, is if I just donate say $20 a month or $10 a month when having a bad month, how much of that donation goes to the servers I play on? I.E. ARK, Minecraft, and TS. I have 0 problem with helping BF servers with my donation, but if I am donating monies and the things I play get shut down, I might have an issue. Know what I mean?

I am actually kinda enjoying ARK this time around, maybe its because not everything was handed to me when I started.

Currently items like ATRLAN, MC, and server-04 have different accounts to better track funding for each one.

Smerffy    14

doesn't fully answer my question/inquery though. When i donate, it doesn't give me an option for different accounts. 

My only worry, is that we decided to do this, then funding dries up in a month. I need something to waste my time on when WoW and other blizzard games don't pull my interest.lol

Mastric    295

Was trying to edit my post but I couldn't, might be a work block. Since there isn't a store item for Ark or server-04 currently just let me know and I'll reassign it on the accounting. If we keep server-04 I'll make a store item for it.

Kushems    4

I'm new to this pc/server thing. Do all donations get allocated to the game servers the group plays on at the end of the month? I just want to understand Smerffy's concern. I'm down with helping pay for game servers I play on. As long as we're getting the best value since I'm not very knowledgeable in server lingo.

Sent from my iPhone using ATR Gamers mobile app

Mastric    295
7 minutes ago, Kushems said:

I'm new to this pc/server thing. Do all donations get allocated to the game servers the group plays on at the end of the month? I just want to understand Smerffy's concern. I'm down with helping pay for game servers I play on. As long as we're getting the best value since I'm not very knowledgeable in server lingo.

Sent from my iPhone using ATR Gamers mobile app

No, at the moment all "Donations" go to BF4, but if you select these two they go to those specific games. I'll also change these two listings to variables amounts.

SugahFree    26

Absolutely! Count me in to help keep these bad boys up. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time gaming with you guys. The crowd is growing in Ark too which is awesome! The interest is definitely there. Even if we all donated the bare minimum of 3$ we could keep it up just fine. 

I can for sure do 20$ and split that where it needs to go with the servers. There will be times I can donate more, but I can totally commit to a 20$ a month.

Imcute    5

I'm definitely down to donate to keep the ark servers running, especially now that there is an easy button. just dropped 20$ in the ark piggie bank.

About us

ATR Gamers is a large but close-knit gaming community. From Ark to World of Warcraft we have members that span the globe going pew pew at each other for good times.

Follow us

Get in touch

facebook feed

Recent tweets