Legendary Eiquiette

Roqwell

LEGENDARIES~!

We all get them. Or not. Or we have three. Or we got two in one night. At the very least, we see people get them. How should we act when legendaries come into play?

• What should I do if I get one?

Be happy, be grateful, equip it and have fun but don't gloat. Rubbing it in the faces of other people who don't have one is rude and sparks fights.

• But I don't like the one I got...

It's rare (and so far I haven't seen an example in our group) that a legendary is so poorly itemized that it would be better to keep what you have. Equip them and use them because even if it only benefits your survivabiliy, that means there is a higher chance you won't die. Thus, it does improve your DPS/Heals/Tanking because you can't do shit when you're dead.

• I want to get a second one!

If you already have one but you want a second one, that's okay to want it but don't endlessly talk about wanting one. Some people don't even have one yet despite playing countless hours in raids and Mythic + dungeons. Frankly, constantly complaining about your legendary being "terrible" or wanting a second one that's actually "good" is excessively rude, obnoxious, and the raiding environment is not the appropriate place to whine that your shiny golden legendary isn't that shiny.

• Everyone keeps getting them and I don't have any! How come they got two in one night?!

It's okay to be jealous you don't have one yet, that's normal to want something you don't have, but don't let it consume you and turn you into an asshole. Don't yell at people to getting legendaries because it helps the raid team and therefore helps you advance further in the raids. Don't yell in teamspeak, period. Don't make people feel bad for getting a legendary and don't endlessly harp about how pathetic your item level is because it doesn't have a legendary boosting it.

• But I don't have one.

Eventually you will. Quit whining or the officers will have to punish you for causing a disturbance during raid. If you want to make a post on the forums to openly bitch about your bad luck and how great others are, go ahead, just don't attack anyone and keep the whining out of raid.

I can only imagine how incredibly frustrating this would be to endure it for the full raid night. I'm only present for the last hour of most raids and even I am beginning to tire of this behavior... Maybe the officers won't agree with every point I made, but at the very least there needs to be some guidelines with legendaries because they are becoming a source of argument when they should just be a source of happiness that the raid team and people are getting such sweet loot.

I'm not talking about specific people here, I'm actually talking about a fair portion of the raid team. Most people are being civil about them and a little idle chatter regarding them is fine, but others complain and keep complaining, which causes disturbances in the raid environment, and that is just plain unacceptable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Imcute said:

but.... If you can't rub it in peoples face what's the point of getting one? I have to let everyone know how big my weenie is! Everyone else has to feel bad for me to feel good!

To avoid walking by pants teleporting places :P

• Like 1

It can be annoying when it continues for more then a minute, but overall, i don't get the impression anyone is actually mad beyond the annoyance of not having one yet. The legendaries can make or break fights, especially for dps, so continually not having one while others with them are passing you can get irritating. 

So yes, it can be annoying, but i personally dont see it as toxic. Others may disagree. 

I agree that it isn't a huge issue at the moment, but could easily become one as things move along and people become more heated from not having one or others constantly getting them.

Last night gave me the impression that it could easily escalate in coming weeks and I'd rather it be nipped in the bud before then. Some individuals proved to not let things go or continue yelling and if it wasn't the end of the raid night, that could have evolved into the officers having to give them warnings or even remove them from raid.

But again.. it didn't.. because raid was ending so pretty much all conversations ended.

wasn't just you babe. I actually didn't find it to be toxic till a few people got tired of it and they started getting really upset the conversation kept going. Until then I thought it was warranted. I mean legendaries are crazy rng and when crazy shit happens like 2 people getting 2 in one night there is gunna be a certain amount of laughing and bitching. I think almost every other time people have been pretty congratulatory any time someone gets one, with maybe the exception of ward, and even then it was fun. I think its fair to keep the rules in mind but no reason to bench someone for being excited, or for the delicious mage tears we expect either, unless it gets out of hand, which towards the end it may have a bit because it wasted some time where we could have pulled the boss because people were too distracted. In my opinion this week was probably more chill than past weeks.

DON'T GET UPSET ABOUT SHIT YOU CAN'T CONTROL OR LET IT STRESS YOU OUT

It's a good lesson in life and also an exercise in logical analysis.  If you can't control something, NOTHING you do will impact that something.  Hence, stressing yourself out over it (Or bitching about it and stressing others out) will only cause negative repercussions without a single positive repercussion.  There's nothing to be gained!  So why would you do it?  Do you just hate yourself?  Do you just hate others?  Are you just a dick and want to stress others out?

Thank you for making this post Roqwell; it's amazing that this needs to even be said.  We are supposed to be a mature gaming organization and we should be acting like it.  Anyone not acting maturely shouldn't be in the raid group.  I know that you guys want to be all lovey-dovey about and not single people out, but my experience is that there's only a few people generating 95% of the bitching about legendaries and they need to quit it.  I have personally muted some of you, as this is something I CAN control.  It's disappointing that I have to mute members of my own raid team because they are so immature, distracting and toxic.  Grow up.