Discord

Unholyfaith

On 9/2/2016 at 4:00 PM, Negociator95 said:

I personally prefer to use voice activation (rather than Push to Talk) and pair that with a mute button for when I don't want to transmit. This is not easily done in Discord and it's hard to tell in game if you have muted your mic or not.

Push button is really preferred, and I believe mandatory for our servers, because we don't like hearing people cough, sneeze, burp, etc in our ears. Also, so we don't have to hear @DropShotz007 talk about how much his girlfriend loves him...XD

Edited by The_Real_1hit
To add something
  • Like 2

I honestly have no problem with discord but i like teamspeak better. From a community standpoint we would probably get more people to randomly join ts as opposed to discord but i dont mind it 

• 4 weeks later...

Pugs have an easier time getting into discord if they don't have TS already installed because you can connect via browser and not download a client. So it is good if the goal is to get more people into a community or you do open to public events, otherwise TS, I believe, will serve you better.

Sent from my XT1650 using ATR Gamers mobile app

23 hours ago, JackalOsiris said:

Pugs have an easier time getting into discord if they don't have TS already installed because you can connect via browser and not download a client. So it is good if the goal is to get more people into a community or you do open to public events, otherwise TS, I believe, will serve you better.

Sent from my XT1650 using ATR Gamers mobile app

Once again I must point out that dogs do not, as a general rule, play battlefield.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've been using Discord for when I am not playing the same game as all the rest of you. I've had it set up for...gosh...a long time now, I don't remember, but prior to when this thread first started. The chat is super nice, I use it on my phone so I can check in with friends about playing games later when I'm at work and stuff. Resources, like Mastric, why would I have less than 32gb of RAM? As a benefit, many people use it and are in channels for popular streamers or other gaming communities and it's little work to have them click the button to join our server. Pro tip: Make a permanent link that can be posted on the ATR site for people to join our server. :D

• Like 1