Legion Tank Comparison

Varibash

4 minutes ago, Lyntha said:

I saw this a while ago when you posted and was looking for something a bit more recent.  Thanks anyways though, it's appreciated as always!

As far as I am aware, this is still current, nothing has changed with the tanks since the release of this video.

To summarize:

Prot Paladin - Super boring.  Holy Power removed, nothing put in its place.  As a result, class is super simple and boring.  Every button as a prot pally pretty much does the same thing.  Half the things do damage and nothing to mitigate damage.  "Pressing these buttons for the sake of pressing them".  All of the "Active Mitigation" buttons just give flat damage reduction.

Warrior - They are tying rage generation into damage taken like it was early in WoW.  The better geared and skilled you are, the less rage you have and the less you do, making tanking boring.

Demon Hunter - Decently Fun, flashy.  It is more or less everything from other classes put together.  Too many long-CD buttons.  Nothing stands out.

Blood DK:  Two-Button Spec for the most part.  Talents are good.  Changed a bit from WoD, but the changes are detable whether they're better or not, whereas warrior and prot paladin are clearly worse than what they were in WoD.  The artifact ability is boring.  There are definitely some issues but it's overall fun.

Guardian Druid:  Major changes from WOD, all great.  Funnest tank spec atm.

He didn't review Brewmaster because of how broken it was and they were making major changes to it.  A newer review would definitely be helpful.

Edit again:  It looks like a lot of the classes were still being actively worked on in the near past.  I'd be interested in hearing a tanking roundup that was put out after the changes stopped.  I will also just try them out when the legion pre-patch releases tomorrow.