TeamSpeak Server Moved

Mastric

As part of an ongoing project to reduce total server cost we moved TeamSpeak to a new server last night. As long as you connect to TeamSpeak with 'atrgamers.com', 'atremains.com', or any of our domain names you'll notice no difference. If you connect via the IP address, use one of the domain names.

Let me know if you have any issues.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Pìkachu said:

if by no difference you mean crashing 5 times a day then yea its all good

That's been either me setting up the Firewalls and blocking access to the license server. Or John rebooting servers. Teamspeak will run for about an hour without talking to the license server and about 2 hours without a database.

Since the cloud isn't one single server there are multiple parts that can break, and some that some services can live without. Database, Site, and TeamSpeak are our 3 "droplets" currently.

That being said I've only seen the server crash while Pika is afk, and that never happens... so...

I think somebody pooped on the DNS or something. Had to use ts.atr.cloud to log in, atrgamers.com wouldn't work.

EDIT: atremains.com worked fine too, so I guess only atrgamers.com is broken. Explains why some people were able to get in too!

Edited by Mortelinnor
Add precisions

19 minutes ago, Mortelinnor said:

I think somebody pooped on the DNS or something. Had to use ts.atr.cloud to log in, atrgamers.com wouldn't work.

EDIT: atremains.com worked fine too, so I guess only atrgamers.com is broken. Explains why some people were able to get in too!

Odd got the SRV record for atrgamers the same as the rest

_ts3._udp.atrgamers.com. 1800 IN SRV 0 5 9987 ts.atr.cloud.
_ts3._udp.atremains.com. 1800 IN SRV 0 5 9987 ts.atr.cloud.

@Mortelinnor could you tell me what your TS client log says about attempting to connect, this is in one of the menus. Along with this nslookup record, 

nslookup -q=SRV _ts3._udp.atrgamers.com

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, Mortelinnor said:

I broke it again! Damn I'm getting good at this. This time I have logs!

TSlog.txt

2016-06-22 20:59:09	TSDNS	Info	SRV DNS resolve unsuccessful for "_ts3._udp.atrgamers.com"	

That's the important line :\

With that failing, i wonder if setting up a TSDNS server would help as a fail over.

2016-06-22 20:59:09	TSDNS	Info	No SRV TSDNS found at "_tsdns._tcp.atrgamers.com"