As @Mastric has been telling me for almost 6 months; I need a new storage unit, because mine hates my guts and wants me to be miserable. I'm going out today to buy one from Best Buy because I'm not going to wait the weekend for shipping and I have absolutely no patience when my computer hates me.

I know that the LAN is in less then a month but I can't let this go any farther, so I'm thinking about getting a decently rated SSD with a 500GB HDD to hold everything else for now.

I understand the simple things about SSDs, but I have heard horror stories regarding them and dying or being over used. I'm assuming that it's a luck of the draw and with my luck, it'll hate me and make me cry.

I was looking at two different SSDs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-cs1311-240gb-internal-sata-iii-solid-state-drive/4825701.p?id=bb4825701&skuId=4825701

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/intel-535-series-240gb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-silver/8591148.p?id=1219693612383&skuId=8591148

I'm between these two for a few reasons. First, price. Second, they're close in speed. Usually I get the worst off branded computer parts and this time I figured I'd finally go with a brand that may be a little better then the brand that, from what I know, only sells USBs. And, they're both available within a comfortable driving distance for me, by myself.

Now, I know I want a HDD but I'm not sold on how large I should be getting. I'm using maybe 450 GB of my 2TB but that's my only drive. I was thinking maybe a game or two would fit on the SSD and I'm not looking to store too much more then what I have. Brand doesn't mean much to me, but price does. The first, and last time I bought a HDD was in 2012, during the floods.

About SSDs, I do need some guidance regarding installation. By that I mean installing the OS. Pointers would be awesome or dealing with me for about an hour would also be lovely; with plenty of,"wait, what?" And "say that again" and constantly repeating what is said to make sure I fully and completely understand.

Cpu: fx9590

Ram: 10 GB ddr3

Mb: ROG formula z

Graphics: 2GB EVGA nvidia 960

HDD: sea gate 2TB bought in April of 2012

kansir    19

I would pick Intel over PNY any day.  When it comes to SSDs you install it the same way as a normal HD. Also when it comes time to install let me know i'd be happy to help. If i can walk Mokou through building an entire PC without getting mad i'm sure i can help you :D

Also this would be a solid buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ssd-plus-240gb-internal-serial-ata-solid-state-drive-black/3075012.p?id=1219570102967&skuId=3075012

bLiNdLuCkIeR    29

For SSDs stick with the Intel or a Samsung 840 or greater. I have a 240GB Samsung 850 and I have both BF4 and BF1 (with all of the add ons) installed and everything works just fine. I have a 2 tb secondary HDD which I use for file storage. You can remap your 'My Documents' folder to use the HDD instead of your SSD, this will save you tons of space if you have any photos or video on your machine.

I have been running my SSD for 3 years without a single issue and it is now in my second pc since I got the drive.

Mastric    311

Heh, blind posted on a year old topic, but kept it 2016 with old model numbers and putting a 'My' on documents :P

Other then that :thumbsup: