Changes - Support

Unholyfaith

We are implementing some changes due to the past months performance on server population and donations. Up through January both have been steady and within our operating costs. This month has shown a massive drop of people on  TeamSpeak, helping populate, seeding and in donations. Present costs are roughly $600/month, for February we are standing at just $255 in donations which is our worse month ever. We did have some surplus last month and enough in the bank to get us by an additional month as a last resort.

So looking at reasons as to why this may be, many indications are people are tired of popping, too many servers. Will have a great night, and then the next night if we're off to a slow start, people disappear fast.

As a result we've decided to go from 8 servers to 5 servers, cutting 140+ slots. (We had 5 conquest, we cut 3 and now have 2 conquest plus 3 other modes) This doesn't do much to our operating costs (saves $50), but it does reduce the work our players have to do. The intention here is to allow us to get the servers popped more quickly, and allow us to get back to having fun. The additional benefit of this is we have increased the tickrate on all the servers, so that they are at least 40hz, and two of them are 60hz improving game play.

Last but not least the hope is with the servers getting popped sooner, more people will want to chip in for VIP or sponsor servers to get us back up and over the minimum operating costs, which those overages come back to you all in the form of prizes.

We are exploring other areas where we can reduce costs, primarily with our admin system but the bottom line is we need to see improvement on support in March if we're to continue offering the Battlefield, ARK, Minecraft, CS:GO and other servers/services we provide. 

So to those who contribute, thank you for your support. To those who don't, we can use your help.

To be clear we aren't threatening to shut everything down over one poor month. This group has been going strong for over 6 years, and the Battlefield group has been amazing since becoming part of ATR in May. Regardless of donations there will always be a place for us to gather and be silly. Lets come together and end this month strong, make March awesome and be sure to be on for the meeting and C4 event on Sunday the 28th!

Love,
Happy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phobia said:

Most donations come in at the end of the month, you worry too much.

Far beyond just donations, and the many get propped up by a few generous people. When you monitor the servers constantly, who's on, who's not, what's popping, what's not, when it's popping and when it's not. It's clear changes need made. Reducing from 8 to 5 has already shown to have been a good decision. Already having more fun, seeing servers fuller earlier, and the hope is due to servers being more full, we'll have more people sign on for VIP and we won't need to be rescued at the end of a month.

Worrying is my job. =D

On 2016-02-26 at 11:13 AM, Mastric said:

There has been a lot of burn out on keeping the previous number of servers populated. Like WoW, BF needs some new content :\

Mast pretty much has it here, at least from me. Just spacing out what I can do to still enjoy my play time.

I mean, I've been playing Hardline a tiny bit (bring the typ hate), and even though it's no where near as tight as BF4, I've been having fun with the new DLC. Keep the car chase mode out of the game, but normal conquest is actually fun with new maps to run through.

The typical maps we're always popping, I'm kinda over them right now. When a random, not played anymore map gets voted on and stays popped, I love how fresh that feels.

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, SoFlaDon said:

Better than nothing!

That's pointless. If you "pay" to gain access to a server (or set of servers), you should be placed inside the server and someone who hasn't paid should not stay in the server.  That's like buying a ticket to see a free show, but you can't get in since other people were there first...