The good the bad the ugly

kansir

I was originally going to post this in officer chat to get there feed back but i didn't.

So day 1 I've already caught flak for power tripping, calling people out, removing fun from the raid, and being "that guy". I'm sure this is normal to some extent. I also understand i drove the raid a little hard last night and even burnt the clutch a few times. I've never ran a raid consistently before but thankfully hindsight is 20/20 and i don't like making the same mistake twice. I must say we had good momentum but two of our boss fight kills were udder shit.  

Mort, I'm sorry i called you out the way i did during the mannoroth fight. Next time I'll PM and I'll try not to sound like an inconsiderate asshole. We don't need to nit pick of what happened but in short I was wrong.

Piki, you know the fights and you know what to do. I need to not call you out and trust you got you. 

There are other people who called me out im PMs or in healer chat. You are right in regards to my driving last night. I felt like i had something to prove and wanted to show the raid that everything we've done so far is farm content(minus mannoroth) and we can 1/2 shot it. One of our consist problems is trash. We wipe on the same spots every week and i wanted to change that (yes we wiped on trash going to up soccer mom). Call me out if i'm wrong on this one but trash went MUCH smoother and much quicker. Trash after soccer mom 1 shot. That stupid pack of 5 dogs and it's dad (bash's favorite trash) 1 shot/bash didn't die). 

I also learned real quick calling stuff out on some fights is a lot harder depending on your if your melee/ranged and I will rely on other people more for that and i know who is better at what fight.

Now I don't want this to turn into a giant thread of everyone hate kansir at once. I know where and how i messed up in order to "get results". Please give me at least till next weeks raid before you pick up pitch forks and torches :)

You were raid leading last night, I felt you didnt call anyone out who didn't deserve it.

If anyone had a problem with it they were wrong, it was a trial raid lead to try out an officer, you people need to get your panties unbunched.

You did well Kansir, raid leading requires being strict.

You were pretty timid compared to when I yell at people, so people shouldn't take it so hard.

Raid leading / being an officer isn't all it's cracked up to be, people who have been in that position before understand but people who have never had the responsibility seem to have the most issue with officers. It's not easy and most of the time isn't fun. It's stressful to try and progress the raid forward while trying to maintain a fun atmosphere within the raid team. If we push too hard people get feelings hurt when they get called out, if we are too relaxed then bosses don't die in a timely manner and people get burnt out from wiping on content we've killed before. It's the officers/raid leaders job to find a nice balance between them.

• Like 1

I think that people have really been going through the motions on a lot of fights which is why we have been wiping, and you took all the bosses seriously, reminded people to actually do mechanics, so I think people took it more seriously. overall it was a pretty nice raid last night I think. we have to call to clear TS every week on the same people, I don't think you went off on them too much more than necessary. 

I was going to say something funny but then I realized I am brain dead tired so it doesn't seem as funny a second time.

Regardless...

I was not present for the majority of the raid last night and unfortunately won't be tonight either. To recap on my attendance, I will be fully present this coming Tuesday, gone the Wednesday, then return to regularly broadcast hunter antics through raid - I can guarantee all but one or two days - until the release of Legion. Assuming it will come out at the end of this year.

From what I did see of the last 45 minutes was that you did seem to take your newfound authority with a respectable about of responsibility. Perhaps you were cracking the whip too close to some people's heads, but over-performance in a new position is better than under-performance. You'll have to figure it out yourself where to balance your new power between being strict and lenient since every officer has their own rhythm (whether by choice or otherwise). There is a great band of officers at the wings ready to assist you or guide you into what paths could be taken better or help you with reflection over some things you may have done wrong or right; during raid through private discussion or after raid with a relaxed atmosphere. It would be nice to allow you to ease yourself into the position before complaints or critiques are thrown into the onslaught of voices and panicked pixels running around in a chaotic mess seeking an authoritative voice to lead them... however, sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. It's trial by fire. Don't stand in it and you should be fine once the burns fade.

No one - certainly not me nor others that have posted - want to see you fail as an officer. So far, you're already showing strength in noticing your weaknesses and reflecting over it.

Find your balance. Don't stress yourself out. Just do what you can to the best of your ability and you'll be a good officer.

• Like 1