High Tickrate Servers for BF4 have arrived!

Unholyfaith

ATR Gamers is the FIRST and so far (as of 4:30 AM EST) the ONLY group to have the new high tickrate servers up and running!

ATRGamers.com |HIGH TICKRATE CONQUEST #1 |60 HZ| VANILLA MAPS |

ATRGamers.com |HIGH TICKRATE CONQUEST #2 |60 HZ| ALL MAPS |

ATRGamers.com |HIGH TICKRATE MIXED MODE |60 HZ| VOTE MAP |

ATRGamers.com |HIGH TICKRATE TDM #1 |60 HZ| VANILLA MAPS |

ATRGamers.com |HIGH TICKRATE TDM #2 |60 HZ| ALL MAPS |

Now we may not be able to run all servers at a higher tickrate, and we may be pushing it starting out with 5. But we're going to test this out and see how the server handles it.

Get the seeders fired up! Hope we can get these filled fast today!

Love,

Happy

• Like 5

so for those that don't read patch notes, how are high tick rates servers different from standard servers?

Here's some info I borrowed from a PDF I saw somewhere:

WHAT IS HIGH TICKRATE?

Normally, servers in Battlefield 4 run at 30hz (30 updates a second or a delay of 33ms). With this change, we allow the servers to run faster than that. All the way up to  44hz! (144 updates in a second or a delay of 6.9 ms!). As you can imagine, this has a pretty significant effect on how the game plays, feels and how precise it is. In general, a higher tickrate significantly improves on and in some cases fully removes netcode issues such as:

• Like 1

I can confirm it feels different. We (me and 2 other employees) played over lunch and the general opinion is we liked it. Took a minute to get used to it but it felt like old BF3 in response. Fast and fluid. Did see a couple enemies teleporting but smoother than regular BF4.

I got my ass handed to me last night on the small Conquest server. I can't tell if it was a direct result of the high tick rate, just an off day, or if the kids watching Netflix had an impact. I suspect it might have been a combination of the tick rate and Netflix. I've been meaning to upgrade my Internet, so I don't have a ton of bandwidth to begin with. I'm guessing there might've been a bottleneck with gaming + streaming. However, one thing I didn't notice was the one shot kills from regular guns. I certainly lost most of my head-to-head gunfights, but it never felt like someone one-shotted me with a pistol or something. That always annoyed the crap out of me.

Overall, if the server can handle it, the high tick rate seems like the better option. Most of the people I saw talking about it in chat either felt a difference or didn't. I don't recall anyone saying it was worse. Hopefully the servers continue to perform well, and I think there's a big patch coming soon which could really make things awesome.

servers last night around midnight started lagging pretty bad, lots of rubber banding on the Conq Large

Load was rather good when full, wonder if it was a minor ddos of jealousy

teamspeak was also lagging, so a DDoS is what I was originally thinking was going on @HappyUnholy @iwantyourskullx you guys got any info.

Edited by Phobia

servers last night around midnight started lagging pretty bad, lots of rubber banding on the Conq Large

teamspeak was also lagging, so a DDoS is what I was originally thinking was going on @HappyUnholy @iwantyourskullx you guys got any info.

Different servers, TS is in Miami with the website, and non-BF game servers. All BF game servers are in Chicago. But i am showing a large spike on the miami server a little b4 midnight.

post-1-0-22127700-1443711365_thumb.png

I find that I'm having a worse time with my totally crap connection when something uses the network while I'm gaming, however, when I'm just in BF4 & TS, it seems like the hit detection has gotten better.

I've noticed slightly different gunplay and turrets, but nothing that I didn't get used to in 15 minutes last night.

Way to go boys!

Overall the tickrate feels great. I have experienced issues also when someone is streaming Netflix or other media while I'm playing. A situation arose last night where I had to watch a niece and nephew. They were both watching YouTube videos and 100% of my shots would not register. So with the increased bandwidth requirements with the higher tickrate, just make sure BF4 and TS are the only thing connected.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Different servers, TS is in Miami with the website, and non-BF game servers. All BF game servers are in Chicago. But i am showing a large spike on the miami server a little b4 midnight.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

kk, it was having issues for a good 10 minutes, kk cool.

""Water simulation (waves) seems to degrade over time (Maps like Paracel Storm, Hainan Resort, Lancang Dam in particular), causing server to behave worse over time (Fixed in Fall Patch)"

The water is leaking everywhere!