Subscriptions and Sponsors are here!

Unholyfaith

Hello Gamers,

A few people have asked in the past, and several brought it up during our last meeting that they would like to be able to subscribe to VIP or Server Sponsors so they don't have to remember to do it each month. Happy to announce that if you purchase VIP or a Server Sponsor from the Store you now have the option to donate just once, or select the Paypal Subscription (available during checkout) and have it done monthly.

http://www.atrgamers.com/store/

Server sponsors are just starting, just subscribed myself. Sponsoring a server will get you VIP of course on all servers, your name added in-game on one of our servers showing you support us, additional icon in TS, and we will be adding a sponsor section as we want those people helping pay a little more than VIPs each month to have more say on the servers we have.

Hope to get some of your names on these servers showing your support!

As always, no member is required to donate. We do hope that those who are able to help support the group do so however they can. This is not just for Battlefield either, our server provides for these forums, the Teamspeak and the other games that we run such as Minecraft and ARK.

Love,

Happy

• Like 2

•  

If I was to sponsor a server could we get it moved up in the seeding order? :P

Honestly there is some possibility to this. Servers people are actually willing to pay for should be given more priority. Any server in particular?

• You know me. I'm a Lost kind of guy
  • Like 1

•  

If I was to sponsor a server could we get it moved up in the seeding order? :P

Honestly there is some possibility to this. Servers people are actually willing to pay for should be given more priority. Any server in particular?

• You know me. I'm a Lost kind of guy

Lost is a difficult one. Holiday weekend with double xp couldn't fill it when all other servers had queues which was disappointing. When we can get it going, it dies out quickly once members leave.

So the fear of course would be sitting in it all day and not getting to other servers that will pop and stay popped.

Then the question of course is how long do we stay in a server before moving to the next one on the list.

Further, if all servers are sponsored (the dream), what do we do then. We go back to what we do now which is try and order them via what we believe will pop fastest at that time of day.

Things to consider. Council should weigh in as well. I'm not against bumping it up a little, see if it does better if we try popping it closer to 5 or 6 est.

• Like 1

my feelings on lost is it is hard to pop. i have a lot of fun, but if we're or the (m4d) guys, are not in there then it seems no one joins. with that said i wouldn't be a opposed to moving lost up in the pop order.

as for how long we should sit in a server before we leave. i would think no more than 1 to 2 hours max. if we can get everything else popped then we could always go back and try that server again.   

i would like to hear more from everyone on how long they think we should try to pop a server before moving on. if we cant get it going. 

• Like 2

my feelings on lost is it is hard to pop. i have a lot of fun, but if we're or the (m4d) guys, are not in there then it seems no one joins. with that said i wouldn't be a opposed to moving lost up in the pop order.

as for how long we should sit in a server before we leave. i would think no more than 1 to 2 hours max. if we can get everything else popped then we could always go back and try that server again.   

i would like to hear more from everyone on how long they think we should try to pop a server before moving on. if we cant get it going.

For whatever its worth here

• Like 4

The point may be moot if donations don't pick up lol

All our servers are 32P (small) except the Conquest Large server.

But yes what we try to do is get the smaller servers first, namely the official servers. We're at 50/50 on Official/Ranked currently.

Then we try and figure out which of the remaining ranked servers will pop the fastest.

I'll move Lost Islands up to the first ranked server we try and populate today. We'll give it a little time and drop it down as needed. I think HC Graveyard will be falling on the order, spent several hours in there last night before it got moving. Rush All, even though it was late picked up pubs pretty quick.

So the order as it stands:

Little Conq (Official)

Little More Conq (Official)

Best of TDM (Official)

Mixed Mode (Official)

Graveyard Normal (Official)

Lost Islands (Ranked)

Vanilla Rush (Ranked)

CQ Large (Ranked)

Rush All (Ranked)

Graveyard Hardcore (Ranked)

Best of TDM was accidentally set to vanilla maps only, instead of the mix of all dlcs we'd picked for the "best of" maps. And with vanilla only stayed completely full all night. Until I "fixed" it and put the mixed list on it and killed it. I put it back to Vanilla only and it's recovering pretty fast. If we see that trend again tonight, may leave as vanilla and be the next server we move to Ranked.

None of this is set in stone. Definitely appreciate feedback, in particular from those that see what is going on throughout the day. So thank you @QQMe71 for the thoughts! The new normal for us is getting to about 300 or more every night. So I think we have the right mix of servers, just need to tweak order and slowly move more to ranked. So as long as VIP, Sponsors and donations come in to cover the cost of the servers we're in damned good shape.

• Like 2