Out for Unknown Period

Roqwell

I do not yet have the schedules for the productions at my college's theatre. When I get them I will update this...

However, I have just been informed that for the first production, Medea, I will be the assistant stage manager and for the second production, the Senior Showcase, I will be the house manager.

I'm not sure at all yet how much that will conflict with raiding. As ASM I'm pretty sure I will be out for a few weeks soon, but as House Manager I think my responsibilities are a lot lighter so I may be raiding. In either event, during opening week for both shows I'll be out. Once I get the schedules I'll update when I won't be able to raid. Until then be happy for me that I got some jobs and I'll see you guys tonight.

Cute I told you literally when I found out. Like... you texted me:

"Well that's awesome, maybe in a later semester you can be a manager there"

That was coincidentally like 15 minutes after I checked my e-mail and saw what positions I got. Maybe 5 minutes after I made this post. According to timestamps as far as replies go, Mastric saw this around 5:09, I texted you about me being a manager and how I posted to the forums at 5:05. Maybe I could have checked my texts sooner to tell you but dude I totally told you first the discrepancy is too minute for it to even be an issue.

Congrats on real life achievements! But as a raider this makes me sad :(

As a raider it makes me sad. If I could do them both I would. Rehearsals run, typically, from around 7-9, excluding time I would take to compare notes with the director or lock up the building once everyone leaves. 

Theoretically, I could attend the second half of raid - if the officers would allow me - but that wouldn't be a certainty. I would love to help out on progression bosses and kill older heroic bosses to get others the loot they need (personally, I need nothing from what we've killed). I just can't guarantee I would be able to get on consistently at about break time, or even get on at all depending on the night. Closer to tech week and performances there is zero chance I could come on at all. 

Good news I can say is that being house manager is significantly less time consuming than being Assistant Stage Manager. I don't need to attend any of the rehearsals. At most I would be out two weeks as house manager since my responsibilities are mostly just on performance nights.

I can also say with a certainty I'll be able to attend this coming raid week without issue. I'm not sure if we'll even have rehearsals because we're still waiting for the scripts to come in and... well... you can't really rehearse without a script.

This is exactly why ATR has so many casual players and so many people at the guild party who don't play any more.  Real Life stuff happens, you can't avoid it.

We (The guild) will still be here.  We'll fit you in when you can be on.  Congrats and have fun!

• Like 1

UPDATE: Still no official calendar but there are official performance nights so I can give a rough idea of where my attendance will stand this coming month.

I can attend this week's raids (Sept 8th & 9th) - I've cleared it with the Stage Manager and because this is the early stages of rehearsal I'm not necessarily needed until we get the ball rolling.

Performance nights are October 9-10, and 14-17. Theoretically, I could attend the full raid night on Oct 13th and would be back into full raiding the following week starting Oct 20th (up until I house manage Senior Showcase but that won't occur until November). Until then I would at most be able to attend the second half of raid but it wouldn't be guaranteed and likely when October hits, other than the 13th and 20th on, I wouldn't be able to attend raid nights at all.

So I'm sitting at about 5 weeks of iffiness when concerning my attendance before I can be consistently again (including consistently absent come Senior Showcase).

... what mostly sucks about this is HvZ week will come up in two weeks and I can't go to any missions because of Medea. I get a special assignment for the week to compensate but it's still a bummer.

Also question... how far do you guys get on Alt Run Sunday? Do you ever kill N Archimonde?

I can answer the alt run question....We have cleared 11/13 i believe...just havent had time to do mannoroth/archi. We usually dont get started until about 8 with people getting online/to the instance/pugging what we need, etc.   We should be able to get archi soon, especially if we continue to bring the same people and we dont need to kill the first 6 or are able to skip them for the later bosses and go back. 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I got a clear schedule on how the next few weeks will look so I can know with a fair amount of certainty about what nights I will and won't make or will make half of.

September 22: Full work/run. Time will likely go over the scheduled 9:00PM end of rehearsal so I won't be unable to make even the last hour of this raid. Unless actors got their lines down. Don't count on it.

September 23: Just Jason/Medea tonight. Will probably make second half of raid since they are both doing amazingly well with their interactions and rehearsal could end around 8:30-9:00PM (hope soccer mom doesn't give you the same trouble this week without me).

September 29: Running first half. May or may not end around 9:00PM, depends how well all the actors have their lines down (they aren't allowed their script anymore).

September 30: Running second half. Same as Sept 29th. Dependent on how well the actors know their lines. The more trouble they have the longer I'll be out.

October 6: Dress/Tech call is at 7:00PM, we go at 8:00PM, so we will likely run over like a performance night and I won't be able to attend raid.

October 7: [is mah birfday!] Same as Oct 6th, except we're also adding make-up.

October 13: Reading period for midterms. I'll be back at home with the good internet so I can attend the full raid night. Assuming my parents haven't planned my birthday dinner for this night, then I will be a little late as will Imcute since he damn well better come to Sapporo with me dude it will be funny as hell watching my folks try to use chopsticks.

October 14: Show night. I won't be able to attend raid at all.

After all that, Medea has ended and I'm back in the full swing of raid nights! Until Senior Showcase where I'm House Manager, but at the most I'll be out two weeks for that. My only requirement as House Manager is that I attend one dress rehearsal and every show night. I could only be out one day considering we typically schedule shows as Thur/Fri then Wed-Fri... but it depends on the schedule. I'll know for sure come mid-November.