Healing Valithria - Discussion

Berms

Since I don't think our new Proxy members can view the Raiders forum, I'm posting this here. I'm trying to find out what the other groups use as their healing set for the portals. While we were successful last night, up until the first portal phase, I was extremely worried about mana. I actually went oom. I wasn't using my usual resto set and geared more for raw output, thus using primarily most of my elemental set.

I actually went oom before the first portal and was on the verge of popping Mana Tide just to make it. Is there any other resto shaman that's done it? How have they done it?

I don't remember my exact stats, but I suspect 3400+ sp, 1100+ haste, 34%+ crit, and 414mp5 while NOT casting. My normal set is much more balanced, but I'm wondering if I should swap in a touch more mp5, or just wing it. Up until the first portal, I'm gassed, but after that, the mana issues are gone. The last (and successful) attempt was 16k HPS with a peak of 19k HPS during BL. I got screwed with a lot of running around.

Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

While there seems to be the most free time before the first portal to heal the dragon, you have no bonuses, so if you run out of mana, I would think it probly doesn't matter all that much (if you're not raid healing that is) as you stated mana is not an issue once you enter portals and healing output is greatly enhanced. not sure what I had been peaking at for 10s but I been finishing around 15k w/o switching to healing way points, I already had ancestral awakening tho. 25 man version was close to the same also.

Thats really odd, when I do that fight in my resto gear I don't have any probelms spamming Healing wave (I know LHW is more heals per second, but its also highly inefficent). Then again, I probably have way to much mp5 on my resto set (~650 mana while not casting without buffs XD). Also of note, I'm never the one that goes in the portals, so my HPS is always way lower than everyone elses.