The_Spaniard1876

8/30 Battlefield Meeting and Event

Hey!  All you shooters, drivers, pilots!!!  Save the date on your calendar 8PM EST for the Meeting.  9PM For the event!

We're going with a member suggestion for the event.  And sorry, no, it's not LOST TDM DEFIBS ONLY...

I'm calling this one...Click, Click, BOOM!

Get ready to test your bolt action sniping skills.  Accurate but slow?  Quick shot but need to dial it in?

Let's see who can get the best bang for their bullets.

C4 will be placed for snipers to explode.  The shots will be difficult, but not painfully so. 

Firestorm, using the tower, has been suggested, though I'm willing to entertain other thoughts. 

Shots fired and time will be used to score.  (complete math to be posted here once I have it)

And thanks to @The_Real_1hit for the event suggestion. 

Edited by The_Spaniard1876
  • Like 4

W1ck3d3nd    2

Hopefully I can be up and running again on the rig I'm looking at.  This one sounds fun and challenging.

OnRoadDead, i do that that idea too.   But I do have one question, let's say someone doesn't have the sniper everyone else is going to use unlocked yet?  Would the ones who don't have it be allowed to use the one that comes standard in the recon class?  can't remember which one it is, and feeling too lazy to look it up, lol.

havik2k    19

I'm guessing it will be on an unranked Server so all unlocks would be available to everyone. That should give everyone the same weapons.

Sounds fun. Planning to be there. Thanks.

change to a transport helo loitering at max altitude. ultimate steady hands

No.  Just no. Events are supposed to be fun.  Not a reason to open a vein.

I'm guessing it will be on an unranked Server so all unlocks would be available to everyone. That should give everyone the same weapons.

Sounds fun. Planning to be there. Thanks.

I'd actually recommend only using a rifle you're familiar with.

Hopefully I can be up and running again on the rig I'm looking at.  This one sounds fun and challenging.

OnRoadDead, i do that that idea too.   But I do have one question, let's say someone doesn't have the sniper everyone else is going to use unlocked yet?  Would the ones who don't have it be allowed to use the one that comes standard in the recon class?  can't remember which one it is, and feeling too lazy to look it up, lol.

Best suggestion I have is play recon as much as you can to find the rifle you like.

What if we were to make it multiple objectives like 50 -  100 meters canted iron sites then to further distances with a scope, seeing this will be a per shot, timed event.

It's an interesting idea, but negates the timing thing with the need to redeploy to change your loadout.  And, to tell you the truth, I'm going to make sure that it won't be clean and even ranges. 

OnRoadDead    56

Well that was the idea of canted so dont have to change load out, but then how can we know they are using them. but multiple c4's can be laid out starting close then working back. it can also be 2 scoring rounds and added together type event.  iron site at close range plus the scopes at farther ranges. 

But my reality question is why does c4 explode with a bullet?  

Henzo    13

Ugh... Finally one I could do good at... However I will be in CA for work from Aug 27th until Sept 1st.

Damnit @Henzo!!!!  Steal a gaming laptop from someone!!!

I have one but our team is going to be short handed so we may not have any down time.

Ugh... Finally one I could do good at... However I will be in CA for work from Aug 27th until Sept 1st.

Damnit @Henzo!!!!  Steal a gaming laptop from someone!!!

I have one but our team is going to be short handed so we may not have any down time.

those kinds of trips suck. don't burn yourself out and get sick.

skulls    65

We would need to find one sniper rifle and attachments for all of us to use. Otherwise we will have most people use the SR338 which is semi-auto and deals enough damage to set off explosives at most ranges. Since it will be Unranked we can unlock all weapons. Might want to put a poll on this thread, but I vote 338-RECON, SRR-61, or GOL Magnum with 6x scope. We could even go crazy and require a 1x red dot scope!

skulls    65

GSYkEoZ.jpg

Just so everyone knows the event and meeting are still on. Meeting @ 8pm EST and event @ 9pm EST. The map will be Operation Firestorm 2014. Any bolt-action rifle with any scope. Since this is an unranked event, you will not have all attachment options. For long range you will only have the 8x and 40x scopes. NO RANGE FINDERS ALLOWED! We will be shooting from the crane near Alpha and the targets will be placed on the big tower near Charlie. The range from this point is around 395-400 meters. You can take as many shots as needed and will be timed. The winner will be the fewest shots and quickest time. Please cooperate when calling upon for your turn and needed help!

• Like 1

skulls    65

Event results:

Chuck_Mawhinn3y - 4 shots 23.91 seconds

CaptShank - 7 shots 39.53 seconds

phxman - 7 shots 40.71 seconds

Daemientia - 8 shots 39.95 seconds

COLMAC - 9 shots 52.13 seconds

QQMe71 - Did not finish

Winner is Chuck!

phxman    26

Event results:

Chuck_Mawhinn3y - 4 shots 23.91 seconds

CaptShank - 7 shots 39.53 seconds

phxman - 7 shots 40.71 seconds

Daemientia - 8 shots 39.95 seconds

COLMAC - 9 shots 52.13 seconds

QQMe71 - Did not finish

Winner is Chuck!

Using that name I'm not surprised Chuck won.   Congrats.

Edited by phxman