Pondering

Flashplate

I played wow from Vanilla to Cataclysm. Played a little over 4 years, those years were split into 2 years as a Resto Druid and 2 years as an affliction lock. Just wanted to know if those two classes and specs are viable anymore? During my time playing i remember most locks going destro as it was much easier and a lot less timers to watch than affliction and well, resto was always a great healer. These still hold the same or have things changed?

Edited by Flashplate

Resto druid is still great.  Their healing style is not quite as spammy as it was in WOTLK but still quite HOT-heavy.  They still bring an amazing raid CD in tranquility and still bring amazing periodic healing.

Locks are fine.  All three specs are viable and different enough.  Some specs will be better than others but you'll do well enough if you're a good player and play what you know well.

Hows the hunter situation?  Played from Beta till the start of Pandera and dropped out.    Survival still able to hold it's own vs Marks?  Or did they make Beast the class to run?     Even during the glory of the Marks hunters I still played as Survival just to prove I could still dps as much as them hehe.    My Rotation was tight

Marksmanship is currently the best hunter spec, by quite a bit, survival coming second. But they do pull really good dps, to a point where a lowly elemental shaman like me can't beat them, no matter the fight.