General Bidding Rules

Lyntha

We are using EPGP for this raid tier and there will be some adjustment for everyone.  First, let's start with the addons you'll need!

EPGP Lootmaster:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/epgp_lootmaster

This addon is MANDATORY and is what causes the loot popup window and how you actually win items.  If you don't have this, you won't get any loot!

EPGP (DKP Reloaded):

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/epgp-dkp-reloaded

This addon is OPTIONAL and just allows you to see your own EP and that of others.  Most people won't need this but feel free to download it if you want.

When an item comes up for bid, you will see a popup window similar to what's below:

f1db2cfbfab6ccad83f01a98c233b955.JPG

You pretty much just click the appropriate button for the specific piece of loot.  There will be 5 buttons to click:

MainSpec:  You click this for an item which is a mainspec UPGRADE, meaning it's a higher iLVL item than what you currently have.  Unless specifically granted an exception by the officers, nobody is allowed to roll mainspec for an item of equivalent or lower item level to a piece they already have.  We understand that some items are better itemized for your class than others, but our interest is in gearing the whole raid, not just you.  Something that is a 15 ilvl upgrade for one person is a bigger raid performance increase than an item that's a 0 ilvl upgrade for another.

Items won via a Main Spec bid cost 100% of their normal GP value

Minor Upgrade:  You click this for an item which is an upgrade for your Main Spec, but isn't as big of an upgrade as a main spec item.  Any sidegrades, minor upgrades, etc will fall into this category.  This is the button you would use to roll on something that's equivalent itemlevel to a piece you already have but with better itemization.  

Items won via a Minor Upgrade bid cost 10% of their normal GP value

Offspec:  You click this for an item which is an upgrade for your offspec.  Only approved offspec players can use this functionality.  If you are currently not listed as an approved offspec player and would like to be, talk to the officers.

Items won via an Offspec bid cost 0% of their normal GP value

Trade for Shard:  The fourth button is the catch-all for anything else not covered above.  If you want an item for transmog use only or for a non-approved offspec, you click this item.  All items won via this method will require a shard to be given to the guild bank to keep the flow of epic crystals flowing for those sweet sweet enchants.

Items won via a Trade for Shard bid cost 0% of their normal GP value

Pass:  Pretty self-explanatory.  All items completely passed on will be DE'd and the shards will be sent to the guild bank for free enchants.

Any questions?

Can i bid minor upgrade on an item that is an upgrade but does not have the stats i want, and would prefer another item but dont want to see it get sharded?

What this man said

If I see some mastery/versatility trash I don't wanna spend 100% on it when I'd be replacing it as soon as I see literally any other stat combo

Can i bid minor upgrade on an item that is an upgrade but does not have the stats i want, and would prefer another item but dont want to see it get sharded?

Yes you can.  Say it's a 670 ilvl item with shity stats for you but still a minor upgrade due to ilvl.  You roll on it and win it.  You now have a 670 item in that slot and would normally not be able to roll mainspec on your 670 dream item but this is one of the occasions where you can speak to the officers and possibly get an exception for being able to roll mainspec on your dream item since you rolled minor upgrade for your current piece.

This will not happen as often as you think though.  Each category has a higher priority than the one to the right.  Somebody could have 100 EP and you could have 10,000 but if they roll mainspec on that item and you roll minor upgrade, they will win the item.  It won't happen often that you'll roll minor upgrade on an item that's a higher ilvl and proceed to win the item unless we're actively farming the boss and you're behind in gear.  If you're able to win one item on a minor upgrade roll, you got a chance to win another item in the slot with another minor upgrade roll.

It's your choice as to whether to bid minor upgrade on items to target your mainspec bids at items which are geared more ideally for your spec.  You will win fewer items and naturally have more buying power on mainspec bids for better itemized items, both from being able to roll mainspec, and from having higher EP.  This system won't give you quite as much buying power as DKP but will still let you target which items are best for your class.

Edit:  We will NOT guarantee that we will grant an exception if you roll minor upgrade on half your shit just to get BiS stuff when it drops.  So keep that in mind when you roll.  Again, the point is to gear the raid, not just one guy's toon with BiS stuff.

Edited by Lyntha