Mastric - October

Mastric

I just ordered a bunch of networking equipment for my new house.  But my uncle will be taking care of the work, not me.  Going to convert a linen closet to a network closet then run 24 ports of CAT6 cabling throughout my house.  My house is small enough with short enough runs (Less than 100 feet) that I could upgrade my network core to 10G in the future and the existing Cat6 cabling would support it.  You only need Cat6A if you are going longer distances.  What cabling are you running Mastric?

Cat6 for the 1G, fiber for the 10G. 10G Fiber network equipment is cheaper then copper still.

5 Boxes, 4 connections each, ~50ft per. I'll be swapping out my 24 Port gig switch with a 48 port gig switch with 2 10G fiber ports.

Gonna pick up some ENT tubing in case i ever need to run something else too.

I got a realy nice AP free from Cisco for attending a webinar, going to mount it all fancy on the wall in the entry way, almost looks like a door bell.

post-1-0-99808100-1413215759_thumb.jpg

Once I'm done with the office I'll be going after the rest of the house slowly. Since i have part of the southern house wall open I'm adding outlets to the master bedroom, kitchen, and dining room too.

Yeah, I was going to mount 802.11ac POE AP's in the ceiling but decided against it - it'd be overkill.  Decent 802.11ac routers are $150+ and POE+ ones are much more expensive.  It's so much cheaper to just do non-POE equipment.

What model AP did they give you?

An MR-16, it seems to have been replaced on there site by the MR-18. Appears to be the same thing.

I'm gonna get a single PoE injector for it. Don't think I'll need more then 1 AP anymore, no longer have an apartment level of competing APs :D

An MR-16, it seems to have been replaced on there site by the MR-18. Appears to be the same thing.

802.11ac or bust!

Only my phone supports ac currently :\

My laptops don't even have 5Ghz N cards in them, I'm a desktop user :o

I got that 600$ AP for free, I'm sticking with it :)

I use Media Center around the house. I've got an HD Prime by Silicon Dust that allows me to watch TV on any networked system.

i want you guys to know that entire conversation wasn't in English.... then Snugg said something about Goku...thats about all I got from that 

post-1-0-52848200-1413241268_thumb.png

I use Media Center around the house

:P

AMD APU, 8GB, 60GB SSD, 500GB for DVR in Living Room

Core2Duo laptop in the bedroom

No TV in the office, i would just watch TV in a windowed media center on another monitor

Basically any WIndows7/8/10 machine :P

Media Center is a generic term.  You could have meant a smart TV's built-in media server capabilities, some portable PC (Think mac mini), a PVR system, a Windows Media Center PC, etc.

Either way, cool.  We have been using a Roku 3 for a while and just love it.