H Seigecrafter Belts Discussion

Roqwell

Currently floating between two strategies.

The first belt strat:

4 hunters. Using disengage to jump on the pipes and avoid the debuff when needed, burning down the target, and getting off with disengage. With glyph getting on the belts is easy at the worst and the most difficulty comes from dodging the lazers. So far, can be confirmed to work up to the 5th belt but haven't observed further due to mishaps.

The second belt strat:

Two groups of 4 people each. Running to the pipes and doing just as the hunters have done without fear of the debuff ever becoming a problem, but the lazers are a problem all the same that needs to be perfected. Works fine other than having the 8 people run back and forth kills a bit of time on boss DPS where 4 could consistently DPS the entire time and not have to worry about belts.

The biggest difference between the two.. in one you rely on 4 people mastering a mechanic. In the other, you rely on 8 people mastering a mechanic.

We haven't been doing Seigecrafter all that long. Impatience is making it more difficult to master anything or get to the point where a strat will start to work. Only about 5 attempts in the first strat was dropped for a new one. Only 2 attempts in there was debate to switch the belt kill order.

Personally, I would like it if we pushed and kept doing the hunter only strategy. It's simpler and allows the other 4 people that would have been running back and forth to DPS the boss constantly and focus on other mechanics. A person isn't going to master a mechanic in a few attempts and as it was even said (I can't remember by whom) "we are still in practice mode". I think it's more beneficial to get the 4 people to practice and perfect the belts than to get 8 people to practice and perfect.

There was improvement over the course of the attempts.

I managed not to screw up once.

Aerozia screwed up once or twice. Only one to fail the jump due to recount lag.

Gromn had trouble with lazers at times.

Tych had trouble with the lazers but was getting better with each attempt, the last attempt he would have lived if we had given him information beforehand.

During each attempt we'd talk, discuss tips and such, and figure out the best strategy to working with the lazers and you could ask any of the hunters or Nerita to confirm this. We were actively working and improving as the attempts went on though it apparently wasn't fast enough for some others.

Just like we aren't going to down Seigecrafter in 5 attempts, people ain't gonna perfect a pretty difficult mechanic like dodging the lazers in 5 attempts.

And as a more personal gripe.. I would greatly appreciate it if every wipe due to the belts wasn't followed by some jab at the hunters for screwing up. To me, Aerozia, Gromn, Tych, or Flinz if he's on the belts. We know we fucked up. We are working to fix it. And honestly the gripes insinuate that we need to switch cause the hunters are failing in regards to getting up there. Jumping up is not a problem.. the lazers are a problem and they would be a problem for anyone it is not difficult towards a specific class of players it is difficult to anyone playing the game on the belts.

If I trip on the sidewalk, I'm pretty damn aware I tripped. Just give me a chance and I won't trip again or if I do maybe I won't fall this time completely, maybe I'll catch myself. But I know I tripped so input is not needed if it is not followed by tips on how I can walk better and not trip.

I'm sorry we didn't perfect the skill in 5 attempts.. it's not something that can be practiced in any other setting than raiding nights with the guild. We've barely seen Seigecrafter so I can also understand the impatience when you think something isn't working but if you don't give anything time to work then nothing will.

The discussion is open if anyone else has any input. Really I'd just like us to pick a strategy and work with it for longer than 5 attempts cause that's around the time that just as people are starting to understand everything better it's changed. Not helpful.

Healers have their own channel where we talk shit about all the other raiders and sometimes talk about the mechanics (Mostly just talking shit). All kidding aside, a channel can be created/binds on TS where it will be easier to discuss, and where all hunters can input.

Also yeah I agree there were very little attempts on the belts, It is just that we were bouncing between strategies seeing which would be the quickest way to ensure a kill since we have seen the encounter so little. (I think we finally saw it 20 times in total??) There are top raiding guilds where it took them 200 (yes there are two zeros there) some odd attempts to finally get that one kill.

I don't think I ever heard anyone directly say or type that all the hunters are garbage, all I heard is fatty and others saying "We need a little more effort from you hunters" Maybe that can be taken the wrong way, but if the officers don't say anything then its like they don't realize it was a problem when it was. If they ever threaten to sit a hunter for another it does one of two things: 1) Make said hunter that is struggling with the belts try harder to get the belts right to not sit them. This makes them more focused and less prone to failure. 2) If a hunter is sat for another it also lets the new hunter experience it and maybe they are better at it so we should keep them on the belts to get the first kill quicker.

The reason we thought about switching the kill order was because the mines were becoming a problem, and the only real reason we kill the missile is because of its overcharge (Where is lasts forever until killed) and it had sub 12 million health so it was an easy burn.

I think that we should just pull Blackfuse, let the hunters do the first belt (Disengaging and everything) and then everyone jumping off at the end (This should cause no repairs and give the hunters more practice). Then everyone can jump off (Locks put on soulstones to healers and healers single res other resserectors and then the weaklings who can't res.)  The reason I say this is because it isn't the jumping part that is the problem (The only reason I put that they should disengage is for more and more practice to minimize the failure in real attempts) the lasers are the problem. I feel we should do something like this because: 1) This wont require any guild funds 2) Will then have a set strategy, 3) Give the hunters less stress knowing that if they die they aren't going to wipe an attempt (hopefully making them better without the pressure) and 4) can maybe making a competition out of the people jumping off (Not the hunters, the whole idea is to put less stress on them to practice, or hell if they don't care, make a gambling game with the hunters where they get a cut of the gold if they win) I say we can do this 30-50 times before we start real attempts again. I'm not that smart, i'm tired and kinda pulling stuff outta my ass right now, maybe someone smarter can elaborate on my idea, or create a much better idea.

TL;DR: Make a hunter channel in game, the raid leaders have jobs to do keeping the raid on track, if we are going to exploit, (Sorry you gotta read one paragraph) need to come up with a similar or better idea to let them practice.

Didn't know how to fit this into the TL;DR so just read it!!

IT TOOK HIGH END RAIDING GUILDS 200 ATTEMPTS we aren't going to get it in the first 20 because we have 2 14/14H raiders and all the leet strats.

This being said, during the week/weekends you should be researching more things during the down time, it took me 15 minutes to find the perfect talent glyph setup, how to deal with the lasers and many other important things like always dismiss your pet and re summon it. YOU SHOULDN'T ONLY THINK ABOUT THIS DURING THE LITTLE TIME WE ENCOUNTER THE BOSS!!!!

Here are the two videos I watched:

The second video kinda reminded me of a more talkative Roqwell (I'm weird as well as being dumb).

Exactly what I learned:

1) (This really isn't much of a shock, but this gets a lot of non hardcore gamers) YOU CAN'T USE 'W' 'A' 'S' 'D' to deterrence onto the belt!!! Sorry but you need to learn to move with your mouse for a bit. (Getting onto the pipe isn't really the problem with keyboard turning, its deterring onto the belt that makes it bad. If you are confused to what I mean by this talk to me in game and I can demonstrate it on my hunter.)

2) You can deterrence the lasers (although not recommended)

3) You only really need to pass two laser curtains

4) Since hunters are a COMPLETELY mobile class they can stay in the middle of the laser curtain (or just pick a side) and run against the belt and jump till a laser breaks (back-peddle jump is fine although not recommended) and run with the belt through it.

5) Use the talents/glyphs mentioned in the second video

6) You must ALWAYS dismiss your pet before deterring on the belt (If you don't there is a high priority for the pet (Tych's pet monkey "Slave" , or is it "Porch" still, eh it doesn't matter) that it will get stuck)

7) You must ALWAYS pop a CD for each belt (Agility potions count as a CD, with any AoC trink from Sha and the two piece, you should have Bestial Wrath and Rapid Fire up) 

8) You can Feign Death the sawblades

There are probably a lot of other things to be learned not only from these videos but from other sources. (I have an 'eh' geared hunter so I don't know much about the class so you all will pick up more from said sources.) Another neat thing, Nerita could jump onto the belt and give you guys Levitate, which will make it so you stand still on the belt no matter what. I didn't know how to fit this into the TL;DR because it was way to much so yeah, deal with it.

Anyways this isn't the 3rd grade, if someone is ridiculing you all tell an officer or other to help put it to a stop, since everyone knows that this is in the end a tough job where 4 people are carrying the raid. I tried to give Tych some help, I don't know if he found it helpful or me bagging on him, but I hope he got something from it. This post is just more of a reference to try and help all the hunters.

Edited by Muln

Healers have their own channel where we talk shit about all the other raiders and sometimes talk about the mechanics (Mostly just talking shit).

It's more about lady parts, mostly my fault there

Nerita could jump onto the belt and give you guys Levitate, which will make it so you stand still on the belt no matter what.

I would die, because I'm dumb :(

During each attempt we'd talk, discuss tips and such, and figure out the best strategy to working with the lazers and you could ask any of the hunters or Nerita to confirm this. We were actively working and improving as the attempts went on though it apparently wasn't fast enough for some others.

Can confirm. You could probably see it on stream

We went with option two as it allows for the most flexibility. While option one has reliance on four people, option two treats the hunters as backups to the strat.

All of our me lee was required to learn it. Our monks and rogues had the easiest times since they can teleport up. (You have to shadow step someone in midair.). Our warriors took the most time to master it, but became the most dependable. With hunters going up less often, we effectively extended everyone's life expectancy. The hunters became the ultimate backups and as group two lost people, hunters slowly rotated into permanent belt duty.

By the end battle rezzes were only for hunters, healers, and maybe a key ranged for mines. If a tank died, we were screwed anyway due to stacks.

Thank you for that Muln.. it was very informative and I hope the other hunters read it as well.

I apologize for my original post as it turned slightly into a rant from frustrations during the raid night.

I think given a bit of time and a couple of attempts the rest of the hunters can come to work better on the belts. Alternating some major CD's like Murder of Crows or Stampede could also help ensure that given all 4 hunters are still alive the target will go down. But really I'd just like us to stick with something either the 4 hunter strat or the 8 man strat.

Could also consider a combination of the two. If there are other hunters that feel comfortable to do it and feel like they can succeed continuously (like me) doing the belts, it would mean one less person that spends time off the boss to run to the belts.

I think the hunter strat could be successful given time.. either strat runs the risk of people dying on the belts so it does come down to the individuals a bit more than the strat.

The second video kinda reminded me of a more talkative Roqwell (I'm weird as well as being dumb).

I didn't know my occasional sass had such an impact. If you miss it I can work on bringing more sass to raids. Was especially quiet this last raid week cause I sort of want to ease my roommate into.. "Yes, I will be talking and making noise until 11, maybe later. We share a room. Maybe if you stop watching funny videos and failing to hide that loud laugh of yours when I nap I'll be more quiet at night."

... I won't be more quiet though. It's my indirect vengeance to never getting a restful night to her stupid alarm going off every 3 hours.