New Idea before we enter ICC and such again

Likesitruff

Now i know alot of us want to go into ICC 25 and down all the new shit. But the main part that we are lacking from being a healer point of view is the DPS. I know alot dont want to admit that but we need to do more DPS maybe have everyone talk to a person on our server that is best in class for example. Cat in rage he helps people all the time.

Now my new idea was before we start our raid i know everyone hates the place but we should go into 25man naxx and do just patchwork. This is a straight DPS boss and i feel if we can do that and average 140k raid dps we will be in better positioning and if we cannot break that DPS means please people read more about the class and figure out the key to DPSing. I know myself i read on how to heal and im sure most of us will do that to help progress. Also if you have not noticed we will not enter the new quarter of ICC cause of this problem and we will do ToGC 25 cause this is upgrades we need.

So this is my opinon and hope you all find this a lil helpful for a idea. maybe we can get the dedicated people to continue to this area.

I'm just wondering if Patch even has enough health to survive long enough for us to test him out properly. I wouldn't be too kean on going into a city and having a raid sitting around at a target dummy trying to test our dps. Loatheb without spores could be another decent spot. Too bad, we have to dance first to get there...

I can't think off the top of my head of any other out of the way targets with the kind of health to test out a raid's dps.

Well i looked it up and yes he only have 13 million but that is just something that can prove if people can do the dps that we need them to be able to do. Its just a quick check and if people cannot break 7.5k on him they should not be in the raid in my opinion

When people quote 7.5k, what's their basis for that? Ie: How many tanks and healers? Are they assuming the tanks are doing 0? I don't even come close to 7.5k. I'd need a demo lock to be able to push anything close to that.

Officers! *HINT* *HINT*

Festergut is a very basic fight it is blizzards way to say if you cannot do the dps he will not die and yes it means that. Means there has to be say 6 healers and 2 tanks. That means that we have 17 DPS now with that many dps we have to break 140k raid dps. For example the Pirates beat the enrage timer by i think 15 seconds so means we need to have the most classes to benifit other classes

Why don't we ever talk about this in game? Anyways... Numbers time:

Health (25man) - 40,440,000

Enrage Timer - 300secs (5mins)

Assumptions - 2 tanks / 6 healers

Raid dps required for 300s - 134,800

Average per dps - 7,929.41

True average - 7,694.12*

True average assuming 18dps - 7,266.67* (IE: 5 healers)

Raid dps required for 285s - 141,894.74

Average per dps - 8,346.75

True average - 8,111.45*

True average assuming 18dps - 7,660.82* (IE: 5 healers)

True average assumes the 2 tanks can maintain an average of 2,000dps for the duration of the fight. Healers... Well, they heal.

Just wondering if we're going about it the wrong way? Are we punishing ourselves by having too many healers in this fight? If our tanks actually do far more than 2k, then it's just icing on the cake. If the tanks can put out 3k dps, then the required average from 17dps for the above 2 time frames comes down to 7,576.47 and 7,993.81 respectively.

right now in a straight up fight we only have 2 or 3 people who can pull the average or more, we need everyone to go to eliteist jerks and check to make sure their specs/glyphs/gems/rotation as well as everyone needs more gear and we need to get a solid 25.

I ran a raid once with Weep and he was dropping 8k like it was nothing. I remember chatting with him afterwards and he said he had to drop his dps down to 7k because the tanks couldn't keep up. blink.gif

I'm just lightly over 5000gs :\

• 2 weeks later...

with the stacking buff the tanks get from festergut there is no reason the tanks shouldnt be able to pull 4k dps, i was pulling 3.5k in our 10 man group and that was with just spamming my threat rotation, when the switch aggro whoever is the ot should jump into bloodpresnce/kitty form/battles stance(put on a 2h weapon), and start dpsing, cause its a huge help if they do that, since there isnt split dmg, and the the boss encounter doesnt have a whole lot of mechanics, its pretty much a straight up burn the fucking boss fight, i qhole heartedly agree people who aren't cutting it need to either sit out of the raid or L2p their class better, a good way to help boost your dps a shit load, people who are "clickers" need to learn to dps and "button smashers". when i mage the switch from clicker to button smashers dps on my mage my average dps jumped up more the 1k per boss fight. i know that people most likely wont be kicked from the raid for being shity dps because most of the other officers are way to nice to do that (rebel,geedub) but if your unwilling to kick people who are slacking, make them do research on their class or they won't get invites to the raids anymore. Well, all i can do from haiti is talk, but when I get back I will be able to do more about it, so until then, peace out.

That is why simply i said go into naxx 25 and do patch work cause it is a simple dps test yes it is short but if u are unable to sustain 7.5k and it should only be like 2 mins MAX than it points out who needs to work on waht to do

Perhaps the raid comp need to be better adjusted as well. I hate to ask people to play specs that they don't like, but if there were even two people willing to take turns each week juggling between their prefered and hated specs, then we might be able to get a bit better performance.

Even then, that's a bit extreme. We shouldn't have to be doing that. We're not going for hardmodes yet.

The general idea I like,but it has the same problem that every other DPS convo has...DPS DOES NOT EQUAL damage done. Alot of classes have mechanics that if used, drop their DPS but increase their damage done. For instance, if I don't use Flame Shock in a long fight, I'll pull about 8K DPS with a couple of million damage done. On that very same fight, if I do use Flame Shock, I'll do more damage but I'll only do about 6K DPS. The reason is that using things like DoTs counts as "damage time" according to anything that records DPS, so when I'm running around and not doing any damage except for the DoT damage, it drops my DPS over time. SO yeah, long story short, we have alot of DPS in this guild that are prepared for FesterGut, but if we're using DPS to measure them, their probably going to come up short on the list if their doing what their supposed to!

in some cases, yes tirall, you are correct, but we are talking about the basic's and the basics is higher dps = more dmg done, you can't say that someone doing 4500 dps is gonna have a higher dmg done then someone doing 6k+, it just doesn't happen like that. the general point we are trying to make is people overall aren't doing the dmg they SHOULD be able to do with they gear they are equipped with. We are trying to say people that are falling behind on dps need to do some research and figure out how to be better then they currently are.