This past week and the next few weeks - Rebel's Logic Like Post

Lyntha

Hey everyone. I normally prefer to talk about guild-wide issues in-game but I wanted to post a quick blurb just to give everyone an update on what's been happening the past week and what our plans are for the future.

Past week: This week's raid was bad. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. The expectations for the raid are a lot higher and I don't expect to take 5 hours to kill 4 easy farm bosses. Some of you are frustrated and I understand and can't disagree. The people that ARE frustrated, however, don't see the whole picture. We just had a freaking hurricane rip through the East Coast, leaving a lot of people without electricity. The fights we wiped on the most (Feng and New guy in HoF) could have been made much smoother if we weren't missing half of our healing crew. Although mistakes were made on feng, we might have been able to heal through it if we had one more geared healer. Literally, we were missing half of the healers that we started with just a few weeks ago. Who in particular?

Maurs - No power due to hurricane

Chillr - Was here Tuesday, not here Wednesday. Have no idea where he was at.

Eternal - Was here last week, none at all this week. I have no idea where he is at.

Yoshye - Apparently he quit the game entirely! This was entirely unexpected.

Losing 4 core healers (Only 3 on Tuesday) is absolutely crippling and we are lucky that we even killed the 4 farm bosses, to be honest. We were also missing some DPS players, some due to the hurricane (Zenzae), some due to people leaving (Sazda left to find a guild more suitable to his preferred level of progression), and some due to people heading to the 10man as it better fits their schedule (Tychondris and Eveningbark).

The hurricane coupled with quite a few personnel changes means that we had quite a few new people or casuals in. To all of these members: THANK YOU. You went into a rather hostile raid environment on fights that you didn't know and did your best. Without your help, the bosses wouldn't have died. For that, we thank you. It's a testament to the social nature of this guild that we can be down almost 10 people and still be able to raid and still kill hard bosses because of how our casuals are there for us. Thanks guys! This is why I love this guild!

Going forward: We have already implemented plan A, codeword "Sacrifice Moot to the Raid Gods" several times last night. While amazingly amusing, the raid gods did not seem to instantly bless us with more healers and more ranged DPS. Oh well, still worth it. We are now on to plan B, codeword "Recruit more goddamn people". We had two new permanent additions in to our raid last night with Chartul and Moot. We also have Bigtimz (Resto/Boomkin Druid), Brennyth (Healing Priest) and Baneraiser (Lock) gearing up to try to raid with us. Chartul and Moot are both long-time members of the guild who have not been able to raid recently but should be stalwart raiders for us going forward. Bigtimz was a cata applicant for MoP raiding and some things came up which prevented him from leveling up when MoP came out. Brennyth and Bane are two more former raiders from Cata. We otherwise just need to get the word out that we are recruiting more healers and more Ranged DPS!!! Please make an awesome little recruiting macro and hit it a few times when you're in org. Tell your friends about the awesomeness that is ATR if they are looking to raid!

Due to us having 4 tanks and 8 melee DPS, we really just do NOT have any open spots for melee DPS or tanks, but ranged DPS and Healer spots are open. In particular, we are looking for the following: (In order of desire)

1 Hunter

1 Mage

1 Ele Shaman - Preferably one who can heal as well

1 Warlock

When it comes to healers, we are looking for the following (In order of desire):

1 Healing Shammy

1 Healing priest (Either disc or holy)

1 Healing Druid

Our path of progression: We had the opportunity last night to try the first boss in Heart of Fear and he's not that tough! However, he does require a MASSIVE amount of burst healing, and we just need more geared healers to get through that. My hope is that next week, we have Chillr, Maurs and Eternal back in action. If we don't, we have Thundere and Necro (On his shammy) able to heal for us. This boss is our number on priority. After he's down, boss #2 in HoF is our new priority as he is not that much harder than the first boss according to most people. The third boss is massively more difficult, with most guilds considering it more of a heroic-mode tuned encounter and you need massive amounts of HPS and DPS to make it through. These requirements are going to cause us to put off this boss until we get more gear. At this point, we'll head back and work on Elegon then Will of Emperor. Once Will of Emperor is down, we'll decide at that point where to go next. The only change to this progression path is going to be if we don't have enough healers for HoF. If we have 6 or less healers, we're heading to Elegon! I have been reading up on Elegon and found a lot of little tips and tricks that will make this fight a lot easier for us in the future. We can also under-heal it as the healing, while intense, is not BURST healing and I think that our healers could make it through as long as we watch our mana. Just to reiterate:

*If we have enough healers: HoF Boss 1 --> HoF Boss 2 --> Elegon --> WoE --> ??? --> Profit

*If we don't have enough healers: Elegon --> WoE --> Hopefully we have enough healers by this point

i also have my pally lvled up if needed for healing atm its full pvp gear so ill have to work on pve stuff on it to help out whenever needed... wanted it to be a pvp char but those plans fell through lol

as far as frustration i know i get annoyed hearing frustration in vent and all the im gonna take away dkp for this and that and this and that so usually ill just leave mumble and wing it(honestly feel i play better just listening to music and being off vent neways)

i know all that makes me not want to raid and ill be honest i messed up alot cause i didnt really feel like being there after the 1st night of raids as i told rebel... iknow i died atleast once cause i would alt tab in the middle of the fight to try and find a song to listen to that would keep me going and not just wanna /wrist from being there lol

Edited by Mantr

The great part about mumble is the attenuation. Basically, you can listen to music at a reasonable level and when anyone talks, it will reduce the sound of everything else on your system by about half so that you can hear Mumble. It's an awesome feature :).

that annoys me lol, cause i like listening to my music LOUD, like i have head phones on and deft can hear it pretty well and listening it to go up and down everytime some1 says anything drives me crazy especially when i get to part i like with alot drums and im getting into it and then the volume gets cut and its like..... lol

but aslong as everything is fine and people are joking i can live without the music once it starts to get more of a frustration threats and stuff like that i NEED the music or im definetly not gonna wanna be there lol

Edited by Mantr

I was going to discuss this with you later today since I had to bail last night. I will open up recruiting and start talking to my old contacts. Also if Ae (disc priest) and Monstey (mage) decided to transfer it will be very helpful. I'll talk to them and see where they stand. Don't worry about recruitment snugg, just worry about raid leading, I'll handle recruitment side.

We also need raiders to step up and help Brennyth and Baneraiser gear up, I will tank as many dungeons as time permits me too.

Hence why it's a "rebel's logic like post". Nobody can take the place of Rebel and his infallible logic.

I don't like how our plan A is to get me killed. That didn't exactly pan out well for me in Firelands, either.

Worked great for everyone else. Personally, I would just bubble hearth when you died. Worked great for me especially!

good post! sorry if the 10 man took any progression away from 25 man, and ironically we're both looking for the same roles to fill out the roster... i would also like to post about the rumor ive heard of maurs joining the 10 man crew due to it meshing better with his schedule? i havent heard anything decisive either way, so i figured id mention it because you spoke of him being a key asset to the 25m, which idk if im cool with "stealing" ppl, hindering the 25m progress... /discuss?

...then again i guess this all may be a moot point if he got totally wrecked from Sandy...

We're all in this together and we want people to raid with whichever group best fits their schedule. I am glad that we have this 10man running and we did "Lose" a couple of people to your group, but it's their choice and we're fine with it.

Maurs was worried about us switching to running 3 days a week again, but after some more thinking and consideration, we decided that this wasn't the best idea and we're sticking to 2 mandatory and 1 optional day. So Maurs is sticking with our group for now I think.

I had talked to rebel about it yesterday before our raids, (more on the topic of brennyth/bane, I had asked if they were supposed to be part of your 25m already, because we still need that ranged, in the perfect world in the form of a lock, not a great healing core but better than pugging/struggling for a healer each week... but i digress), and he had said he didn't have a problem with it since it made more sense for his schedule and would very neatly solve our problem, but in light of your healer struggles from last night (hopefully mostly hurricane related and shortly gone, but either way) it doesn't really make much sense anymore. Any thoughts to add snugg?

They should be raiding with who they want to raid with us. There is no "Dibs" or "My group is more important than yours". If they want to raid with your group because it fits their schedule better, they're raiding with your group.

Let us know though, because it affects recruiting.

Having not personally spoken Maurs, and not knowing the degree to which anyone has, I don't know if he had any schedule problems besides the inability to raid on sundays. I'm just going off an informal talk I had with rebel on the subject, and I made it seem much more concrete than it is, for which I apologize