10m, going forward

Holyshade

so if anyone in our 10m other than me and khel frequent the site, go read tourin's post above me, and do everyone a favor and watch a few youtube vids on elegon... he truly forces everyone to min/max way more than any normal mode fight ive done in the past... everyone's gotta be totally on top of their game, know when exactly to blow CD's and nuke the boss, and when to dps adds, when to move, when to dps pillars, which pillars to dps... etc etc... one guild had a strat to nuke the pillars down to 10% then blow em all up at the same time to minimize add damage before going back to p1... also the adds need to be slowed, cc'd and kited down instead of tanked... they hit like trucks...

im stoked to get some work in on him this week, but we all have to do our parts to maximize our ability on this fight if we want to sim him die... like literally i watched a vid where a guild wiped 5 times on the enrage with only 1m hp left, so they realized their tanks and heals needed to push out a bit more boss damage, heals upped their dps by a collective 3m, and they beat enrage by 10 secs... just to give an example of how crazy tight this boss is gonna be...

wanted to add that i think i found us a perma 3rd healer... an old buddy of mine from wotlk days wants to get back into raiding so he's leveling out his resto druid (not the most complimentary class for our setup but w/e)... he's always been an insane healer, so i know if he puts the time into leveling and gearing out he'd be a good addition to the team... he said he'll server change thurs when he gets paid and also said he'll be 90 and grinding dungeons by the weekend... so if all that happens, we may actually not have to feel like scrubs and spend the first part of the raid trying to fill it out...

aaaaaaaaaand another point i forgot about, next week is thanksgiving so ima not be able to raid wed or thu... so do try and fill the spot if you can, but idk if everyone wants to try and raid on a holiday or not... maybe we'll talk about it in this week's run

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Pèrfèction/advanced is his armory if anyone feels the need to do a little stalking/recon... rofl

Edited by playbyplay

i may have our last spot we keep having to sub around wanting to xfer... its that guy ive been working on for a while, hes thinking of bringing over his dk to round out our melee and fill the plate dps niche in the raid... i know we've got a set 4 dps with glitter/evening kinda subbing in and out and around... so whatever you guys think, he was about to quit, and i told him to fill out an app for the guild... hes a great player and super chill so i know he'll fit in the group well...

yeah, he just apped

alrighty... got some good news and some bad news... perfection just hit 90, xferred and joined the guild... bad news is his dad just had open heart surgery and he will be taking care of him for the next few (2) weeks on raid nights... so he's here and ready, just cant start right away.

more good news tho, wreckx pugged in to a 10m led by necro and got some phat loots and should be well ready to dps for us this week... if khelendros decides to wake up for raid time! :P

and as usual progression kinda stalls during the holiday season due to family time and traveling etc... so lets just keep going as we can, and try to focus hardcore during the 6 hours we have each week to down bosses... i'd like to see a 6/6 MV soon and a push deep into hof...

and on a final note... this may not even need to be brought up yet but w/e... the new semester may be bringing diff schedules to ppl so it may be a good idea to start opening the conversation to what raid nights are gonna look like next year...

i, for one, wont be able to do wednesdays due to a stupid night lab >.< but it did open up tuesdays so theres that...

anyways i hope everyone had an awesome and restful thanksgiving, and hopefully we can get back on track next week!

to watch while we wait to get in some tries on him this week... idk if i agree with EVERYTHING the guy says, but its a good example of how critical each point of dps is on this fight... want this bitch down!

if anyone gets a chance, watch the last min of the vid on p4... they keep heals/ranged out by the edge and keep resetting once stacks hit 6-9? cause the tick outside = tick inside at that many stacks... also brings up a VERY good point about healing CDs in the phase... use BL AS a cd, and save cd's for after lust ends... i think we try those two things and its gonna be a quick win... 6% w/o doing that, and we still had plenty of room on enrage... ele's going down!

read up on WotE for tomorrow as well... WTB 6/6 MV farm for a few weeks for weps etc, while we start progressing in hof!

6/6 down this week! damn straight everyone. This week, another raid night? Some attempts at HoF would be great if we can find a time. Sunday night was suggested as best around 8, so for now that's what we'll go with. Everyone good with that or not, post your / whisper, and we'll try to get it set up

i can certainly try... its my wife and i's only day we actually see each other so, it depends on her tbh... and i have hella finals next week, so its not only gonna be hard, but even more difficult cause she knows i need to study lol. i guess i can be the wild card. if everyone can make it, ill do my best to bargain for an hour or two rofl

The only thing that's coming close to building the desire for me to level an alt is all the endless MW nerfs bliz is cycling through... Maybe by next xpack they will know what they actually wanna do with the spec, till then, here goes the roller coaster of changes/nerfs/buffs/renerfs that DKs are all too familiar with...

But yeah I won't be on due to finals and etc

i didnt log in past like 6 yesterday... so i didnt show either. i did get a text from rug, but i didnt check my phone till this am lol... infertil told me he wasnt able to get on either so idk if it went at all.

Hey on a brighter note: finally done nerd-raging over MW nerfs... And lol @ Blizz for nerfing jab by increasing mana cost but only increasing it for ppl who use glyph of jab because when you have a diff wep type equipped its technically a different spell...

Anyways, I've got a major test on thursday so I can't be on too late wednesday, so let's try to get going on time lol.