Rebel's Logic Post 12

Rebelogic

It has been a long time since I posted one of these. However, I thought it was time to clean out some guild cobwebs with the new expansion and toss some things here.

First of all, welcome to the new expansion ATR! It took some time to level/grind heroics/rep factions, but I think our dedicated players are putting in some good effort to help us down some bosses. Speaking of which, on our first night of 25M raiding, we got the damn dogs down to 1%, twice. The following day, we downed that boss and got Feng to around ~32%. Some quick notes on those fights: As always, gear will make things easier, but doesn't fix mistakes. We need to make it a habit to read strats. They will be gone over in brief detail at raid time, but you should have a good grasp of core abilities and what you should be doing in general before raid starts. "Which dog should I be attacking?", "When do I stack/expand for chains?", "Does Tourin really have a tattoo of Rebel's face on his ass?", these are questions you should not be asking in vent during raid; you should know the answers already. Speaking of things that shouldn't be discussed in vent, try to refrain from asking or saying things that are highly individual. Try to build comradery between your fellow "class-mates", so to speak, and whisper them if you have a question like, "Should we be running out and stacking on X when the boss does that?" The highly individual concept also pertains to things like why you were late to raid, or if anyone brought a flask for you because you didn't have time to get one. Basically, a funny comment or two in raid is ok once in a while, but try to keep the vent chatter specific to the raid as a whole.

The “impromptu Guild Meeting”: The other day, I called everyone in vent to introduce the officers and to go over some basic information for our raiders. It was an idea that we officers were kicking around that kind of got pushed back to the last minute. The meeting is available for you to listen in its entirety in the forums. Now, I know the meeting wasn’t announced but chances are if we did announce it months in advance, there would be people who couldn’t make it anyway. Again, we would like to stress that if you have any questions or comments about anything guild related, please ask an officer or post on the forums.

DKP: The DKP system went somewhat smoothly this week considering that it was our first time with the new system. As we get more used to it, the process will go faster. Here are some notes about our system: In raid, if you ever want to find out how much DKP you have, whisper “?dkp” to the lootmaster. To bid the loot master after an item is linked, just type the number you wish to bid (no need to type “bid”, or “I am bidding”, or “How come Tourin has never mentioned his Rebel tattoo before and by the way here is my bid.”). We are transitioning from a loot council system where the officers scrutinized every piece of gear and who it should go to. The DKP system makes things a lot faster but forces individuals to deal with some tough decisions. A spirit piece might be an upgrade for you, but if your healing buddy also needs it, just toss him a whisper out of courtesy before you bid. Not making this a priority, just saying try to help the raid as a whole. Before leaving a raid, wait till the DKP session ends, you will get a prompt.

Raid Prep: Try to cook/enchant/Alchem-atize (Yeah, I said that, deal with it) before raid. We will provide feasts during raid but try to level and bring your own food to raids because the best food is individual food. For all professions, we will try to point out the people who are the ATR go-to masters that are always willing to help. Wili gives out guild enchants, a bunch of people can cook your food, JC’s are everywhere in the guild etc. I will compile a better list, but for now, ask around in guild and it will make things easier. As far as mats are concerned, please donate to the guild bank any mats that will help the raid effort. We will make sure that all donated mats will reach the right people.

Grind some reps: The reps worth grinding for raid gear this expansion to start out with are “Golden Lotus”, “Klaxxi”, “and Rebel’s Band of fun-loving malcontents”. The Golden Lotus opens up the Shado-Pan and August Celestials which are also necessary. These reps have been covered in other forum posts so I won’t go into any detail about them. Do them – get gear – help the raid.

Raid Groups: Last tier, we had some trouble filling in people for a 3rd raid day in our main 25M group. Sunday saw us having fewer and fewer members. It wasn’t just new people; some of our seasoned vets were getting busy in IRL. With this new expansion, we have seen a resurgence of people, new and returning. We had polled people earlier to see if they wanted to do a third raiding day and we got mixed reviews. Our current plan is to stick with 2 raid days and maybe have a dedicated 10M, go in on a third day and gain some more experience. This is all to benefit the 25M as a whole. The 10M would be completely off DKP and therefore those people wouldn’t earn any extra for it. Now, I know that there might be more than 10 people who would want to go into that 10M, but we would have to keep it conservative to the best 10 available to fill out a strong comp. Keep in mind; this raid group is only in the planning stages and hasn’t been implemented yet. The ultimate goal is to have a consistent amount of people interested in a 3rd day that we can make it a 25M raid. There are a few 25M people who don’t want to go on a 3rd day so if we do, that would mean that a consistent 30-35+ raiders strong must be maintained. At least 75-80% of raiders would have to be there all 3 days as well. Setting that idea aside, let’s talk about some of the new 10M groups we have for people who can’t make the 25M. Bigbubble and Glitterstim are trying to create a late night raiding group, so ask them for more info. For the weekend, we are trying to put together a 10M group for people who work late on weekdays. Rugburn, Aweburn, and a few others have already expressed interest. So all in all, in terms of raid groups, we have 1 established and 2 building, not too bad.

Alright, this post is long enough. I will try to be more concise in future Rebel’s Logic Posts, but since it has been a while, I thought I might as well ramble a bit to cover some key bases.

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to catch me in game, post on here/in another forum, or ask an officer. My next character to level (solely for herbing and mining mats) is my warrior “Napetostern” aka “Nipple-storm” aka “Nappy-testosterone”, so you can catch me on him from time to time.

- Rebelogic

2. Tourin would never replace the tattoo of Moot on his ass with your ugly face.

Wanted to comment something along these lines. This sums it up nicely though.

Man, I apparently have a ton of tatoos on my ass. Who would've thought?

I swear I didn't tell anyone!

That sucks. Oh well, I guess the goal now turns to seeing how many people are available to do a 25M on Sundays going forward. This should be a slow process and shouldn't include forcing anyone who doesn't want to be there. It requires around 30-35 consistent raiders to maintain the third day. We got a couple people back recently, but they still have to gear and all. Maybe we can do a rotating system where people who have gotten a lot of gear automatically take a day off on Tuesdays which not only gives them a day off, but also gives other raiders a chance to get some loot as well. Again, these are just ideas I am throwing around and nothing is set in stone. Again, it would require 30-35 constant raiders to do this.

Anything more than 30 raiders would cause us to gear up the raid way slower and cause the same issues we had last xpac. Going to three days would cause the same issues as well unless we require almost 100% attendance, like we do with 2 days now.

Just food for thought.

well, you could just start a "no dkp sunday 25m" raid and use the ingame calender for that... it will be easy to see by saturday night how many people have confirmed that they are coming and invite friends/randoms to fill it up if we are any close to it being full

If we didn't make progress the day before with our normal geared raiders, we aren't gonna make progress on Sunday. Sure, right now the average person at 90 isn't much less geared than us, but give it a month or two when we're all in epics and you won't find good fill-ins. It has to be all or none.

One suggestion, if you want people to read the strat first, you should post which strat you are planning on using on the forums ahead of time.... back in the day, that was one of my jobs in a former guild. I can tell you from experience, some people will read and some still won't, but at least the ones who care will be reading/ watching the same strat that the officers plan on using.

The xpac just came out. People have an idea of what they'll be doing based on PTR but little actual practice on the bosses has been had with thousands of guilds. For the first three bosses, I am intentionally not posting strats on the forums to avoid confusing people if we go with a strategy that works better for us.

The last 3 bosses are a bit more technical and we'll be more prepared for them.