So with MoP coming out I have been reading alot about Monks, and I beleieve I am going to give it a shot as my new main. I was wondering what everyone else thought of the class and do you think that they have a place as tanks, i wont be tanking dont worry. However their dps and healing looks to be really promising as a new raid fixture. Please discuss.

I'm leveling two characters to level 80 on a RAF account now so that when MoP is live, I level a monk to lvl 2 by killing 5 boars then I apply 78 granted levels from the RAF account. Instant level 80. I then quickly level through nerfed lvl 80-85 content and get into MoP running. I will be lvl 90 on my monk by the second day (Hopefully).

Monks will be fine at everything. They play a lot like rogues as they have Energy and Combo Points (Chi) but without the stealth and with more mobility.

The healers can play like atonement priests where they heal by causing damage or like pallies where they stand back and heal with Combo Points (Chi).

The tanks "Shuffle" damage, where on most hits they are able to take some of it instantly and delay some of it to hit gradually over the next nine seconds. This smoothes it out and monk tanks will be loved by healers. They also have strong Raid Cooldowns so they'll be loved by Raid Leaders.

DPS play like rogues. Rogues have pretty much never been bad in PVE because Energy and CP as a resource system are a mature system and easy for Blizzard to balance. There is no reason to suspect that Monks won't be just as viable as any other melee DPS.

Blizzard has said in Blue Posts (Look it up, im lazy), that you CAN RAF to yourself, they don't care. It's not a violation of ToS or anything. As a matter of fact, when you send out RAF, you send it to an email. When you redeem, you log into a battle.net account (Or make one). You can use the same battle.net account that sent the RAF invite and you just get another wow account under your battle.net.

BTW, wow is 75% off right now. In order to do RAF, you need to buy the WoW Battle Chest (Vanilla and BC) and WOTLK. It's $5 for each right now. You also have to pay the monthly fee but the first month that your RaF account pays for grants you 30 days of free game time on your host account. If you pay for a second month on the referred account, you get the Zhevra mount.

The Mount is now a giant Winged Cat thingy that you actually become, i did my recruit a friend on the same bnet account last night in 2 hours of played time i got 2 toons to 12, not that impressive, but i dont have any type of multi boxing software.

It is a good deal, and i have been wanting to get a second account for a while now anyway, this whole RAF and 75% off sale just makes it easiar. 20 bucks for up to cata? deal.