H Madness

Sazda

I have only had one night of attempts on this kid so far and I know for a fact that I can improve my performance by a lot. Here is what I learned so far:

- The fight is pretty much the same compared to LFR and Normal mode (besides the usual HP and damage increase by the boss)

- The biggest noticeable difference is the Parasite that randomly spawns on people and is ALWAYS the priority target. If it is on you, you need to know where to drop it before you get it. Deterrence will help mitigating a lot of incoming damage here - just pop it about 3 seconds before the parasite will drop.

- Another difference comes from how we handle the Bloods on each platform: They seem to have too much HP for our raid dps to burn them down right after they spawn and before they regenerate. The goal here should be following for us hunters: Make sure you are at full focus (!!!) when the bloods regenerate for the first time and THEN blow em up. What often seemed to happen is that some people blow everything they got into the bloods - which ends up being just short of killing them and then they regenerate to full HP - leaving us hunters completely out of focus and causing another regenerate. If we would all just focus our burst into one phase - we would easily get them down each time. And keep in mind: Parasite is the priority target over the AOE DPS boost on the bloods!

- As a hunter you might be asked to soak an Impale on each platform. There is not a lot to it: You simply stand in melee range to the Corruption and hit Feign Death once the impale is on you. There is no need to stay down for more than 1-2 seconds, the Impale seems to fall off immediately from what I can tell so far. Two important things here: 1) Do not forget to DPS the parasite that is usually out around the same time Impale is about to hit 2) Even when in melee range, you can still DPS the corruption without range issues (just like on Yorsah'j).

- Black Arrow and Explosion Trap. Here we go into the tiny details that will push your DPS considerably higher than the DPS of other hunters not working with this:

1) You pretty much need a healthy mix of BA and ET during this fight to maximize your DPS depending on the different situations.

2) Obviously you never want to put a BA on to a target that will die before that BA runs out = direct loss in DPS from the BA as well as less LnL procs.

3) Technically it makes sense to use ET over BA every single time more than one target will be effected by it. Here are the situations where this is of most use:

A) Every single time the bloods spawn you want to have ET up and ready.

B) When a player correctly drops a Parasite either within the circle very close to the claw (so both are effected by the trap) or if it is dropped close to the corruption.

I usually try to have BA running on the bosses claw while DPSing whatever else there is to DPS. Here are some no-go actions:

- Never put a BA on a bolt

- Never put a BA on a Parasite (always use ET on last platform for LnL procs even if single target)

- Never put BA on a Corruption that will die before BA runs out

A) However, make sure to cast BA/ET on something else in this case (target /focus macros help a great bunch) so you do not have any downtime... in the end you never want to delay a BA/ET cast by more than a few seconds (which really only should happen right before platform switches)

- Pretty much the same rules apply for Serpent Sting (SS) - in most cases you are better off using that GCD for another shot

DPS cooldowns:

- After reading a few guides and testing it out by myself the best way seems to be to use your CDs once on the second platform Corruption (I usually pop I right around the time the bolt comes out) and once on the 4th platform for the Parasite. It is definitely not the best way to boost DPS, but it will surely help the raid in the best way possible.

Glyph:

If you feel like you can abandon one of your glyph slots, you might wanna try Glyph of Ice Trap. This will increase the radius of your trap by a little and help a lot on the very last platform to slow down the adds trying to reach the boss. We have yet to get to that stage, so we still have to determine how useful it will be. If more then one hunter is in the raid: Let's chain our traps so adds are slowed the entire way from spawn to destination.

That is all for now - feel free to add your own observations, ask questions or anything else that will help you/us to become a better factor for our raid on this fight.

Thanks Saz. For reference:

Ranged Add Priority: Bolt --> Parasite to 33% --> Blistering Tentacles --> Parasite to 0% --> Corruption --> Bloods --> Arm Tentacle.

Melee Add Priority: Bolt --> Blistering Tentacles --> Corruption --> Parasite to 0% --> Bloods --> Arm Tentacles

Our largest problems with this fight last night were healing comp (Not enough burst healing with druid healers. HPS means nothing if the targets aren't topped off for the next crush), followed by individual mistakes causing raid member deaths, followed by just getting used to the fight. Problems 1 and 2 should be fixed for next night of attempts.

- The biggest noticeable difference is the Parasite that randomly spawns on people and is ALWAYS the priority target. If it is on you, you need to know where to drop it before you get it. Deterrence will help mitigating a lot of incoming damage here - just pop it about 3 seconds before the parasite will drop.

Note: You can cloak/bubble the parasite off, but it will cause it to drop immediately and chances are that people weren't ready to kill it. Use those abilities as last resorts just before it pops if you think you might die.

Lies. I'm all classes.

In ATR, I've raided with the main raid with the following classes:

Pally

Warrior

Mage

Hunter

Druid

I've done serious alt stuff with:

Shammy

Priest

Only classes I haven't raided with seriously are:

DK (No need with 3 other tanks)

Lock (PVP Toon)

I hate rogues so yeah.

I read it! I always bubble mine immediately. It usually works out a bit better timing-wise but I play it by how things are looking.

you are a hunter FORUM WHORE

fixed it^^

Class whore, forum whore, raid-leading whore, I am many whores. Just call me the master whore.