Heroic Hagara

Lyntha

Please refer to the following guide:

http://www.icy-veins.com/hagara-the-stormbinder-detailed-strategy

This fight adds some wrinkles to the fight but since each phase is compartmentalized, we can definitely make good progress on this fight by focusing on one phase at a time. To summarize:

Normal Phase:

Focused Assault is castable while moving. We're going to try to have hunters taunt for it.

Ice Lance puts up a debuff on the player taking damage. This will NOT kill the player but being targeted by shattered ice will. 6-8 ranged dps will take crystals. We will have shammies in their group dropping grounding totems as grounding will absord shattered ice.

Ice Phase:

Debuff gets put on random raid members which reduces their speed and causes them to drop an AOE slow when dispelled. As soon as people get this, they are going to run into the middle then get dispelled. I want to try breaking up into 2 groups of 12/13 with 3 healers each. One healer will dispel, the other two will spam heals like crazy on the person who has the debuff.

Lightning Phase:

Damage is more extreme. There are storm pillars that explode for nature damage. Since tanking a conductor increases your nature damage taken, this can be a problem. We just have to do this phase perfectly.

That's it! Other than more HP and more tank dmg, that's all that's different.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys always have a ton of shamans, they will most likely have hst totem glyph for the elemental resist.

The way to know when to drop grounding totem to eat Shattered Ice, is by looking at the boss when she does Focussed assault. She will usually shoot it after she is done channeling that.

The way I've done ice phase so that it only requires 1 turn around was like this. Once an ice wave is close the whole raids gets in the bubble then gets out immediately so you have more than the usual time to dps a crystal.

For the lightning phase you should have your healers stand in the middle so they can tranq/hymn/spam heals

here is how the guys from learn2raid suggest to do it - it seems to be a little different to what you do, but i suppose both ways can work if done correctly. I am posting this not to say this is how we should do it, but merely to give the reaid lead another point of view on this encounter if they have not seen the video yet:

How I wanted to do Hagara Frost Phase:

gallery_390_56_3579.png

Ranged and All Healers stand on GREEN TRIANGLE. When bubble comes out, we get knocked back onto BLUE SQUARE. From there we can DPS the North, East and West pillars. Melee go to RED X and blow it up then go clockwise. Most of the ranged will start on EAST pillar then go counter clockwise until they meet melee. This phase should be over in less than 30 seconds if we do it right. One ranged group will start on WEST pillar then move clockwise with the melee. The goal is to kill the west pillar with melee then have melee and ranged finish off north pillar as the rest of the ranged finish off east pillar and move to help with north.

We might have to stick one healer with the melee for dispels but everyone else will be in the ranged pile as healers spam heal like crazy and pop AOE Healing CD's. Please note that the damage done is % based so we will NOT be popping Enraged Regen or Rally Cry.

The melee will run INTO the bubble when they get frostflake and the designated dispeller will dispel them immediately. Once they're dispelled, they run back in.

Edit: I fixed DPS order.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure if we have done it so far - but i suggest using lust right after first phase ends (first frost or lightning that is) - it will easily be available again for the end (fight takes well over 7 mins)

also make use of more damage reduction stuff (deterrence for hunters for example) when the lightning is about to hit you... and move out of your line once your crystal (or however it is called) has been sucessfully taken out with the lightning

@Saz: Id rather deterrence something other than lightning. If we do it right, everyone only takes one tick of lightning and it's really not bad at that point.

Also, you get sated when you lust. A fight would have to be greater than 10 minutes in order for lust to be used twice.

It's the timing. At that point your cds will be coming up. If you are using it on the 1st one most won't have their cds up. So you should save it for the 2nd or 3rd. On the 3rd the 5min cds come back up so it works nicely.

forgot to mention that she will be in execute range for the 3rd feedback

Have you all been using the ice phase strategy posted above or another strategy like having the healers and a ranged group stacked in the middle with Hag? Also, could I get in vent a bit before raid Tuesday so I can get a general idea of how you guys do this fight? I just want to understand my assignments for the fight if I get brought in so I'm not wasting everyone's time. :)

dont worry - there will be plenty of time to explain everything... and obviously you are welcome to join us on vent. I am one of the other hunters, so if you have any questions that are easy to answer and dont need some officers time - feel free to ask me ingame.

as said in the shoutbox - we do the stacking method

• 2 weeks later...

i am not sure if the "one ranged group start on west others on east" works... i know everytime we switch from east to north to west we all have to move a bit to even reach west.... we might be too far apart for aoe heal if we do it that way

i also had another idea in case meelee has problems downing the very first pillar:

put a hunter or two into the group - great moving ranged dps plus they have masters call for not being slowed^^

While we have excellent movement DPS, we always just have plain excellent dps and killing it by having us move would be bad. A fire mage would probably be best since scorch is spammable while moving and they can keep up 3 LB's pretty easily. I don't know, I'll think about it.

well.. the only reason to di this would be if our meelee is unable to kill their first target repeatedly... other than that: stack in the middle!

i still think that my first point is much more important anyways (and you have not answered it yet :P)

Upon thinking about it, I think you're right Saz. Our movement DPS would probably be best utilized there. If melee can't kill their pillar by second pass, we'll move hunters over one by one until it's down consistently.

Edit: I just didn't want to have melee unable to dps ANYTHING. I think that we should just reverse our DPS order to start on West AND North then all switch to East at the same time. My thinking is that the west and north will be up until right after melee passes them up. Then we all switch to east and it blows up.