Heroic Yorsahj

Prydain

-Yor'sahj Automatic RaidWarnings: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/yorsahj

-What gives and doesn't give Deep Corruption stacks: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55312/yorsahj-the-unsleeping#comments:id=1610082

-Combinations:

Purple, Red, Yellow, Black - Kill Yellow

Blue, Purple, Green, Yellow - Kill Yellow

Blue, Black, Purple, Yellow - Kill Yellow

Green, Red, Blue, Black - Kill Green

Green, Yellow, Black, Red - Kill Green <-- Lust on this one

Purple, Green, Black, Blue - Kill Green or Black

-Mana Void Trick:

When the first mana void spawns don't kill it. Have everyone pop their mana regen cds. When Yorsahj is channeling and unable to melee, have your tank dps the Mana Void. Once you get the 2nd mana void kill the 1st one. This way your healers will only require to have to use mana regen cd once.

-Put raid markers down for Green, Yellow and Black. Start the fight stacked up between Yellow and Green that way dps can quickly switch to the slime.

- The black adds DO have an aggro table, they are just immune to taunts and seem to reset their aggro table again and again. So using misdirect or tricks actually works for a short time.

PS. I will update more stuff if I remember them.

Hagara is the next fight according to WoWprogress. Here's the % numbers for 25M and 10M guilds:

10M: Morchok (37.53%) --> Yor'Sahj (17.53%) --> Ultrax (12.31%) --> Zon'ozz (8.66%) --> Hagara (6.75%) --> Blackhorn (2.87%) --> Spine (.9%) --> Madness (.37%)

25M: Morchok (48.7%) --> Hagara (26.65%) --> Yor'Sahj (18.80%) --> Zon'ozz (13.78%) --> Ultrax (10.81%) --> Blackhorn (7.17%) --> Spine (3.37%) --> Madness (2.76%)

The numbers are higher for 25man because more of the 25man guilds are actually serious raiding guilds whereas a lot of 10mans are more casual runs, alt runs, or new/disorganized groups. We should clearly be focusing on Hagara next.

Thank you very much for the info on Yor'Sahj however Prydain, we will double back to it later when we get Hagara down.

By the way you worded it makes me think that you think that mana void keeps sucking mana for the time its alive. It sucks mana only for the few seconds Yorsahj is channeling.

Healers will only have to use their mana cd once for the mana void, every time after its a plus. Makes managing mana faceroll.

Some purple goo goodness:

What gives/doesnt give stacks for purple phase:

http://us.battle.net...opic/3657444001

Also, pets DONT give stacks when healed. We're gonna have a BM hunter (10% more healing on pet with Spirit Bond) use a Tenacity Pet specced into Blood of The Rhino (40% more healing) for a total of 154% more healing taken. This will be our "Bounce target".

Here's what each healer is gonna do:

Pallies: Pallies will Beacon a tank and spam holy light on the pet, holy shocking (the pet) on CD and using WOG directly on the tank (It generates no stacks) when the tank gets low. Our pallies will use Divine Light on raid members that get low but will mostly just do the whole holy light --> HS rotation on pet. GoAK also does not trigger stacks and should be used every purple phase if up.

Shammies: Our shammies will of course keep up an earth shield on each tank. Healing stream will be kept down as normal. Shammies are gonna be the heavy lifters here spamming Greater Healing Wave on Raid Members that get below 50% HP.

Priests: Both tanks will be taking damage so our priests will be popping PoM on CD on the tanks!! Priests will otherwise just GHEAL everything in sight if it's below 50% HP.

Druids: Efflorescence doesn't generate stacks so the druid will keep a rejuv on the pet and SM on CD to keep up Efflo. Otherwise, the druid is Healing Touching anything that gets below 50%.

What we will probably do is give each healer one group of guys with two healers on the tank group for obvious reasons. Healing Steam Totem and VE all stack so we'll stick any resto shamans and spriest in the tank group. This will mean that without ANY healing that would give stacks, the tanks will receive:

SUPERCHARGED [Pet] Beacon Heals

WOG Heals

GoAK Heals

PoM Heals

SUPERCHARGED [Pet] Efflo Heals

Earth Shield Heals

Healing Stream Totem Heals

VE Heals

I cannot stress enough that healers can do NO HEALING other than what I described above. If you do, you blow up the raid.

• 4 weeks later...

That's not really the case. A lot of the problems last night were due to having so many new healers on a fight where the healing is completely different from all the other fights in Dragon Soul. DS, as the last tier, is chock full of AOE healing spam and stacking. While we do this on 2/6 combos, the other 4 are completely different. We had 4 new healers in (Myself, Ulq, Foto, Gray) and were missing the healing officer (Tulli). A lot of the time when we fell behind in DPS, it was because a DPS was dead.

The only thing that we were consistently failing on was getting the black adds down, but looking at other videos, we're not far off.

Update on healing:

We weren't prepared for how much damage bamma was taking by the void bolts. It was hitting him for 110k+, ticking every 2 seconds. That's enough to drop a tank from full to 0 in 2 seconds flat.

We are going to do it a bit differently if we try it tonight. Bamma will start with Kalikk taking over at 1 stack. When the third void bolt is about to hit, kalikk will AMS. AMS doesnt prevent the stacks but it will provide a huge chunk of starter damage mitigation. Once AMS wears off, he'll pop Bone Shield + Vamp Blood. The damage reduction + Extra Healing from vamp blood will mean that he'll only be taking 80k void bolts and he'll be taking huge heals to prop him up. Bone shield should last until VB wears off as he wont be taking melee hits as this is when bamma will taunt. This combo will basically be better than IB.

You guys will also notice that most attempts were "Dry" as far as CD usage. We needed to get a feel for when we needed to pop CD's. After spending time wiping on reflecting on when we needed CD's the most, we'll be prepared for it this time.

Great work on getting to the enrage guys!

Damage for our enrage attempt: http://worldoflogs.c...e/?s=580&e=1185

I do that fight without a pet. The pet gives me 3% more damage in addition to actually doing about 5k dps. Unless a class has extremely poor AOE damage, you should be above me on that fight. Instead, 6 people were below me. Some of those were casual fill-ins and this shouldn't be held against them. The other people need to look at ways to improve their DPS.

Our mages need to pull more damage on that fight. I had some complaints that during a lot of the mana void phases, the mages were simply oom and couldn't spam their high-mana cost AOE spells because the mana void didn't die fast enough. We'll work on that but the mages have to be prepared with mana gems or something if that happens. Baneraiser and Elhz also need to put out more DPS. You guys need to talk to Sefi for some tips on how to put out more damage. Bane, you're not far off. Elhz is further out.

Keep up the great work and the boss will be down soon.

I'll be pushing them onto here. Long story short is that we are looking for more people and filling out our raid with whoever we can find. Last night we were missing Taulant, Zenzae and Darkhuntar. Having those three in would have done wonders on that attempt. This is a progression run and we will staff accordingly to ensure that missing three people doesn't kill our heroic attempts.

Man, I got the urge to play my mage on LFR/Normal DS just so I can give the mages some help and guidance.

Edit: I want to stress that DPS compounds on this fight. If we kill the ooze 10% faster, we get on boss 10% sooner AND do 10% more DPS while on him, meaning that we see a GREATER THAN 10% dps gain. Same thing if we kill black adds faster. Assuming we have 10% more dps, we kill the adds 10% faster, giving us 10% more time on boss. In addition, we have 10% more dps so the boss is receiving more DPS WHILE we're on him. It compounds.

We wiped at 17%. Sticking to the boss and not killing ooze would have meant about 20-25 seconds of DPS uptime. Assuming numbers of about 38k average raid dps plus 38k from the tanks combined, we would have been doing about a 2 million DPS every 3 seconds, meaning we would have brought him down about 20M HP. That alone would be just under 10%. The remaining 10% would come from if we got 5% more DPS from our raid. That's not a lot to make up. We're closer than it seems.

Edit 2: Not sure if you guys realize it or not, but right now we only 4 regular healers. Deft, Chex, Jlogg and Brynneth (One of each class, nice...). We somehow made it through one of the most challenging fights for healing in the game right now with only 4 regular healers. That is a tremendous accomplishment and our healers should have their feet kissed! Nice work guys, not only to the regular healers, but also to the people who filled in.