Heroic Morchok shenanigans

Prydain

I was explaining to rebel a strat that might help you guys out more. I decided to make a presentation, that way it would be more easier to understand and you can show it to everyone in the 25m.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1SmDIBgdg-VJ2JkqJ44z0WoN0X8srDVpv3K03fxUiags/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g36356bc_6_1

It is done on Google Docs, so you should be able to check it at work. Let me know if I missed out on something or there something you are not sure that I should include.

There won't be this magnet effect. That after each crystal spawn the bosses gets farther and farther away from each other. This only happens because the tank moves closer to the crystal. But there is no real need for that.

So you will have this sequence or cycle:

-Crystal spawn 30 yards away from boss, Range stands at ~20 yards.

-6 sec later Stomp happens. -> Range moves ~10 yards to get closer to the crystal.

-6 sec later Crystal explodes. -> Range will get knocked back towards the boss and put back in stomp range.

What this means is that range will only have to move to get close to a crystal. After that the knockback from the crystal will be enough to put you where you need to know (if not you move slightly, nothing major). This will allow your healers to get 100% out of their ground heals.

I did it this way last night and it felt extremely smooth. I was in Group B (Kohcrom), and after positioning him I would not move at all. When there was ~2 sec left on Black Blood Phase I would heroic leap right in front of the boss. We one-shoted him as well. Here is the logs http://worldoflogs.c...70q6tchn37azkp/. You can see there is a destro lock, this makes it possible to refresh Bane of Havoc if you take longer than 5min to kill him. I should of fraps it, at least from the start until the second black phase.

There is a need for that. It allows:

1.) AOE Heals to be at their maximum effectiveness. This does not matter for 10man as each group is only 5 people, but in 25man, AOE ground effects, LoD etc are able to ensure that they don't get wasted. It helps the stability of the raid as well.

2.) It allows healers to worry about healing more and being in position less. You need 7 people to take each crystal. That means that healers will be tanking crystals unless melee are there.

Still, it brings up a good point. We have the tanks move to the crystals so that healers dont have to move, but it basically guarantees that healers will HAVE to move after that crystal explodes.

Let me think about this.

• 2 weeks later...

three things that stuck in my head from last night:

1) the pull - at least the group not in the vent channel with the tank had pretty bad information on when the pull would actually happen. Just looking at the enrage would not help, because sometimes he would pull pretty much at the same time, sometimes up to 10 seconds later or more.. most of the times inbetween. There are add ons that count down the pull for you (like one of us had, forgot who). Maybe the tank should use that if this keeps being a problem. (mainly it screws up pre potting)

2) boss being too close to the group. I realize that this is (until MoP) a hunter specific problem, but at least on Morchok our hunters are/were top dps, so pulling the boss too close during Crystal phase causes DPS problems for them due to min range.

3) some people, up until the very last try #15 (!!!) kept running to crystals as soon as they spawned. STAY close to the boss until AFTER the stomp, THEN go to the crystal.

2 and 3 are points specific to our side only - I am not sure that the other side had our problems.

The pulling issue needs to be fixed and should be fixed via a DBM Pull command. I will talk to Foto to see if he can get DBM instead of Bigwigs. Then we'll just all be on the same page.