For those of you who stack stam

Iammoot

No we don't pay attention week to week about how much dmg you are taking vs the week before. But DK tanks are definitely easier to heal on bosses that do a lot tank dmg, Example of this is the bird boss in FL (alyxosrazer) or w/e her name is, prydain definitely has more noticable dmg spikes from the add he is tanking then ghostwind. But it is all fight dependent. Stacking stam isn't a terrible thing to do, tanks with larger health pools avoid less of the incoming damage this is true, and the larger health pools mean a tank with say 200k hp gets hit for 100k from a boss, that 100k only brings him to 50% hp, vs a tank with 180k, a 100k hit will bring him below 50% hp, so it makes the healers panic a little bit more where as with the larger health pool it gives us more breathing room.

No we don't pay attention week to week about how much dmg you are taking vs the week before. But DK tanks are definitely easier to heal on bosses that do a lot tank dmg, Example of this is the bird boss in FL (alyxosrazer) or w/e her name is, prydain definitely has more noticable dmg spikes from the add he is tanking then ghostwind. But it is all fight dependent. Stacking stam isn't a terrible thing to do, tanks with larger health pools avoid less of the incoming damage this is true, and the larger health pools mean a tank with say 200k hp gets hit for 100k from a boss, that 100k only brings him to 50% hp, vs a tank with 180k, a 100k hit will bring him below 50% hp, so it makes the healers panic a little bit more where as with the larger health pool it gives us more breathing room.

Tanks don't get hit quite as hard in 10mans as you typically have half as many healers healing a tank. More HP does equal more breathing room but it also turns the tank into a mana sponge for the 1/2 healers on the tank. In our 25-man, I'm getting hit for almost 200k instantly when shannox hits me with an arcing+Melee sub 30% if both hits are unblocked. At this point, I'm getting spam healed by 4-6 healers. From afar, the answer may seem "Well get more stam so you don't get one-shot", but the better answer is "Get more mastery so that every hit is blocked. Otherwise me and moot would get demolished.

Yeah pretty much if I stepped in the 25 to tank I couldn't dare get away with the current mastery setup. I would have to stack a ridiculous amount of stam to avoid getting dropped. Dks are probably the worst tanks atm because if i take a spike of 200k dmg like often happens in a 25 man fights I have no way to stop it unlike block tanks. Afterwards sure I'll be able to do like a 70-80k death strike but it doesnt matter if i get gibbed in a global.

In a 10 man the dmg isn't as scary so I can get away with less stam and more mastery as to be less of a mana sponge although I do feel that the stam breathing room is better on some fights like Alys and Beth where I will take either 1) a spike before a healer can get topside with me or 2) a huge spike when that stupid baby bird gets pissed at me.

We really haven't had problems with me and Prydain getting gibbed until we started working on phase 2 Rag. When healers have to move to avoid seeds we can very easily get dropped. I have a feeling when you all in the 25 get to Rag you will HAVE to have dpriest and hpally shields stacked up uber high for the movement in phase 2 because i'm sure the dmg will scale to be that much worse.

• 6 months later...